aberdeen-music

Joan of Arc//Hot Club De Paris + Support 27th June

Truly an honour to bring you:

Joan Of Arc

Joan of Arc are the brain child of Tim Kinsella, one of the most influential figures in modern indie music, responsible for the likes of Cap N' Jazz, Owls and American Football.

Now playing with fellow Capn Jazz and Owls guitarist Victor Villireal in a stripped back 4 piece completed by Bobby Burg (played in Love of Everything last time they visited had the hot missus) and Theo Katsaounis.

Joan of Arc

tour support for this is the mighty, mighty

Hot Club De Paris

Everybodies favourite scousers next to Cilla Black and Derek Acorah, seemingly been around forever, never a bore. Think the bastard child of Cap N' Jazz , Spy Vs. Spy and Minutemen.

Hot Club de Paris | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Support

Min Diesel

We promise not to be shit

Download music here Min diesel

Seas, Starry

Instrumental shoegaze. Too many pedals.

Seas, Starry

Monday 27th June

The Tunnels

Doors 8

9 adv. (+ 10% booking fee)

WeGotTickets - Your Online Box Office - JOAN OF ARC & HOT CLUB DE PARIS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Joan of Arc bored me to death last time with (what I perceived as) a self-indulgent, never ending/boring set but I have a feeling I maybe didn't give them a fair chance, so willing to go see them again, see if I "get" them a bit more after a couple of years.

The other bands are excellent.

Nice work!

Joan of Arc bored me to death last time with (what I perceived as) a self-indulgent, never ending/boring set but I have a feeling I maybe didn't give them a fair chance, so willing to go see them again, see if I "get" them a bit more after a couple of years.

The other bands are excellent.

Nice work!

Agreed.

Although i thought the first half was really really good. Just dragged on and Tim got too self-indulgent.

Didn't Tim love the Aberdeen crowd and preferred it to Glasgow last time?

Which is obviously good, in-case there is ever a certain reunion tour...

Is there any chance of getting Owen involved in this gig?

nah, it is what it is

dont hold me to this, but with them playing as a four piece and Victor playing I would imagine it will be a fair bit different, dont know if Ive said already but they have been playing owl songs of late,(

heres a vid of one and others to check), mad skillz. Their new album is also one of the best theyve done aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie
As much as I loved JoA when they played with us last time, they're a lot more incredible now. Saw them play through the whole of their new album IN MILWAUKEE last October, first show with the current lineup and it was so, so good.

fixed that for you