aberdeen-music

Aberdeen pubs might be sold !

cool1

I was reading the evening express today and I came across this article its not on there website so I will right it out word by word.

It on page 12

Landlords' fears over pub plans

Landlords in the North-east have been left with an uncertain future after a pub giant announced it was selling off a third of its buildings. Punch taverns - which owns 23 pubs in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire - has announced it is trying to offload more than 2000 of its bars across the UK. No announcement has been made on which pubs could be involved and the firm insisted it did not mean they would be shutting. Kevin Coutts, licensee at the Scotia Bar, said ''I keep in touch with other Punch publicans and for many of them it will be a worring time'' A Punch spokeswoman said: ''This is not about pub closures, it is about securing the future of our pub estate and our pubs. We will be focusing on a core leased estate of around 3000 high-quality pubs.''

It's not like Wetherspoons at all. Their pubs are chain pubs, which means they have a shared corporate identity. The managers on site report to district managers, who in turn report to brand managers, who report to the board of directors. Punch lease their pubs to landlords who operate them on (mostly) their own terms.

I know where your getting at now.

I went to college with Kev Coutts. Used to play football for Huntly.

Did he? I know him through working at The Parkway, my granparents took it over for a few years after he moved to The Scotia.

Cool1 please stop preaching whatever is printed in the EE :(

Did he? I know him through working at The Parkway, my granparents took it over for a few years after he moved to The Scotia.

Cool1 please stop preaching whatever is printed in the EE :(

Today I learned something, that the EE are liar's I should not believe them.