Jump to content
aberdeen-music
ca_gere

Confessions

Recommended Posts

Confession - After living off Paisley Road for three years I'm no longer a Rangers fan. You were all right, they're a bunch of total cunts. 

I'm moving back to Aberdeen shortly.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch football at all until I was like maybe 20. I just wasn't in to it. My dad doesn't watch football, my granda didn't, I don't have any brothers, any uncles that I saw very often, no male cousins so I didn't "inherit" a team and had no-one to introduce me to football. I just supported whoever my schoolfriends told me to. I wore the jerseys and everything because everyone else did but I never ever watched a match and didn't really know any of the players or anything. When I first started school in 1984 everybody was huge in to Aberdeen on the back of Gothenburg so I supported Aberdeen for a couple years, then I changed to Celtic for a few years, for reasons I can't remember. Then I moved school and I didn't know anyone, I started hanging about with a few Rangers fans so I switched from Celtic to Rangers, probably just to fit in. I remember owning a Rangers shirt and tracksuit and a Celtic shirt and tracksuit at the same time. Weird. I supported Rangers until I was in my early 20s, before deciding their fans were shitbags and switched allegiance to Aberdeen. I think that's me picked my team now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KarmaTsunami said:

Confession - After living off Paisley Road for three years I'm no longer a Rangers fan. You were all right, they're a bunch of total cunts. 

I'm moving back to Aberdeen shortly.

That stretch of Paisley Road with the Nacho Lounge etc. is like the anus of Glasgow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the exact stretch of PRW I live by. It truly is the absolute pits.

Also, the fucking littering here? Just the whole of Glasgow? I know it's not the only place in the world with litter but it's just everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KarmaTsunami said:

That's the exact stretch of PRW I live by. It truly is the absolute pits.

Also, the fucking littering here? Just the whole of Glasgow? I know it's not the only place in the world with litter but it's just everywhere.

Aye, I'm in Pollokshields and the litter is pretty dire at times. Bulk uplift ever Friday is handy, but folk take the piss. There's also loads of mess around most of the spice shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one to add to the Ab-music dubious mental heath confessions.  I have experienced quite a few episodes of deja vu, as you do.  Mine have gotten more and more vivid to the extent that I would know that I am in a dream that would later actually occur while I'm still having the dream.  The situations were usually just a small chain of events, like a certain group of people turning up while some other task was going on, but I'd be able to recall the flow of the conversation (but not the full content).   All very "oooh freaky" but not really anything to worry about you'd think. 

The "ah shite" part comes after I now think I've seen my own death.  I was in fairly plausible dream as a passenger in a car very similar to one I am planning to rebuild one day, I was driving off road with someone else who I didn't recognise when suddenly i think I fell out the vehicle (not quite sure what happened as it was split second thing) and my head was crushed under something or the vehicle rolled on top of me (again not sure, think it was a black piece of metal on my face but then the dream just stopped). 

Kinda not sure where to go with this one, other than trying to never get into the situation where it occurred!  ....but then did I die after freaking out that I was in a situation where I thought I was going to die so jumped out of a moving vehicle only to be run over by it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, KarmaTsunami said:

Confession - After living off Paisley Road for three years I'm no longer a Rangers fan. You were all right, they're a bunch of total cunts.

I know one Rangers fan who takes it to ridiculous extremes. He's got lists of Rangers pubs all over the country, he goes on holiday so he can sit in Rangers pubs, he only goes on holiday with other Rangers fans, and he repeats every single conspiracy theory going as well.

I made the mistake of going into one Rangers pub in Spain last year because they were showing a game I wanted to watch. Half an hour of listening to their shite was more than enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lost memories. I don't remember much of 2013. And 2015-2017 is mostly a blur. People bring up stuff that I did or stuff that happened and I can't remember. I get that you would only remember key points from childhood the older you get, but this is only a few years ago. And I can't remember much except big things that happened. Kind of worrying. But at the same time, I was drunk/not sober for most of that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

I've lost memories. I don't remember much of 2013. And 2015-2017 is mostly a blur. People bring up stuff that I did or stuff that happened and I can't remember. I get that you would only remember key points from childhood the older you get, but this is only a few years ago. And I can't remember much except big things that happened. Kind of worrying. But at the same time, I was drunk/not sober for most of that time. 

I remember more since I stopped drinking a couple of years ago, and I remember things that were previously a blur, definitely much better with people's names and bands i've done gigs with - on the other hand I hate everyone and I don't ever want to go out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colb said:

I remember more since I stopped drinking a couple of years ago, and I remember things that were previously a blur, definitely much better with people's names and bands i've done gigs with - on the other hand I hate everyone and I don't ever want to go out. 

Yeah I have more memories from the past year and a half years than the 4 years before. Stopping smoking has been the best decision i've made. Still, I worry that i've done some long lasting damage. Plus I've read depression can fuck your memories. I feel like quite a few times during my low moments have just been blocked out completely. Not that I want those memories back. But still, sucks to have gaps in your life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...