aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

The best Disney films are true classics with great stories. And a few songs doesn't make them musicals.

Surely the plot of a film being depicted by the cast breaking into song on more than a few occasion equates to a musical?

If not, then films where the cast break into a huge song and dance for 5 or 6 minutes 3 or 4(or more) times during the film, are my least favourite type of films. They need a shorter, snappier genre title, for future referencing. How about 'Musicals' ?

Surely the plot of a film being depicted by the cast breaking into song on more than a few occasion equates to a musical?

If not, then films where the cast break into a huge song and dance for 5 or 6 minutes 3 or 4(or more) times during the film, are my least favourite type of films. They need a shorter, snappier genre title, for future referencing. How about 'Musicals' ?

As I said it's been a while since I've seen most of the disney films but I remember the songs being a small part of them. When I think of a musical I think of something like Moulin Rouge where the entire cast can't go more than 3 minutes without bursting into song.

Maybe they are classed as musicals, maybe I'll just have to accept that I like musicals.

fwiw I would much rather eat some KFC than sushi. It's probably been a few years since my last visit to KFC though.

Disney films aren't as OTT in the song-stakes as the likes of Moulin Rouge. I imagine they are still musicals though.

And I agree. I'd opt for KFC over Sushi. There's not many foods I don't like, but Sushi is one. It's like a whole bunch of starters for a main course that never arrives.

I went to a foam party at Eden in Ibiza, the dancefloor was sunken and the foam was right up over my head, (insert short joke here), at least 6 feet high. In a remarkable error of judgement, I decided that it would be cool to run and dive onto the foam from a podium, thinking that it would be nice and soft, like landing on a duvet or a pile of pillows. What happened next?

A) I ran and dived into the foam, and it was nice and soft like landing on a duvet or a pillow. It supported my weight and I floated there in the foam enjoying the music.

B) The foam was in fact, foam, I dived into it, fell right through it, landed on my face on the wooden dancefloor, got trampled on, got foam in my eyes and up my nose, lost my bearings, couldn't find my way off the dancefloor, swallowed a load of foam, gagged, vomited and then had to pay 6 for a bottle of water?

If your answer was A, you were wrong.

• Upvote 1

You need to keep me in this loop in future. Deal?

Deal, it wasn't a situation where we were like: "let's go to Liquid, I hear there is a foam party on." I was out with my football team and we just ended up there. I will let you know if I ever make plans to go to a foam party in liquid though. The girls' lacrosse team were out and they are a sexy bunch. Honestly, it was awesome.