aberdeen-music

imp: tUnE-yArDs (4AD) + Thousands (Bella Union) + Foxhunting @ The Tunnels, 14 June

Never post when boozy :up: so sorry if this doesn't make sense

What an amazing night, full of talented artists

Foxhunting - was fantastic and i've heard he's local, looks so young but has a bright future ahead of him. I'm normally crticial of local bands apart from Maple and Needles etc (showing my age!!) but his set was so enjoyable and got a greaat reception from the crowd - will be looking out for him in the future :up:

Thousands was great two-piece band and both have fantastic voices really enjoyed that too, lovely and very quiet but lovely

On to tUnE-yArDs there is very few gigs that give me hairs up the neck but this is one of them - what a voice from Merrill Garbus but what an amazing talent she is, i love loops at the best of times but those drum loops was amazing seriously i hate dancing but here is me up the front dancing like an idiot and shouting like crazy - funny thing is i'm not a massive fan before tonight but i am from now on.

Finally thanks for all those in IMP for making a special night - cheers much appreciated

I'm going to cringe in the morning with this post - adios bed time.

Incredible gig!

Really enjoyed Foxhunting, some brill ideas there. Great voice, great T-shirt.

Thought Thousands were fantastic. Loved the intricacy of the guitar work and the vocal harmonies were beautiful.

tUnE-YarDs were off the scale! Ridiculously creative! I loved the first album but was struggling to get into WHOKILL, although I feel I totally get it now. Seeing all the loops and the home-made instruments live was amazing, Merrill Garbus just oozed charisma too, totally captivating. What a voice! Took a brief break from dancing to take a couple of pics:

img_0133.jpg

img_0142.jpg

img_0143.jpg

Thanks to imp and everyone involved for a fantastic evening!

It was a great show!

I was really impressed with Foxhunting, great songs and he's about a million times better than most of the other acoustic singer songwriters in Aberdeen. It's pretty hard to captivate an audience with just a guitar and a voice, but Foxhunting easily achieved it.

Thousands were pretty enjoyable too, but unfortunately the audience was getting pretty noisy. The harmonies were lovely.

Tuneyards were just fantastic, definitely live up to the hype. She was so good that I was clapping and singing along, and I'm never one for that sort of thing. I'd love to see her live again, but I'd imagine her next UK tour will be in much larger venues.

as offramp said thanks for the great comments, personally I thought Tune Yards were magical & third time lucky to get the band to Aberdeen & well worth the wait. Maybe one day they will return but bigger cities await Merrill & co. If they do come back they loved Tunnels & the Aberdonian hospitality.

Thanks to all who made it a night to remember & special mention for Foxhunting to continue to

improve, entertain & go for it..