aberdeen-music

Interpol @ Music Hall 24th August

keeno

Been a fan of Interpol for a long time, i was really dissapointed with last nights gig, the sound of the band in that venue was totally awful, not sure who was to blame for it but for 25 ......nah...rubbish!!

This is a pity. My only Interpol live experience resulted in me never listening to them ever again. Terrible sound; static performance; lack of sincerety. They were one of my favourite bands before I saw them live.

Is the general concensus from last night that they were poor, folks?

The performance was really good; the sound could have been a lot better though. I'd probably go and see them again though.

I'm a picky bastard when it comes to sound and I thought it was really good where I was standing (front row near where the bass player stood). I could hear all of the instruments and vocals perfectly and the bass and drums weren't too loud or muddy

I do wear earplugs for gigs that as well as reducing noise cut out some of the bass though so maybe that affected it?

I mis-read "post-punk" as "pop-punk". Man, did I have a depressing evening.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The performance was really good; the sound could have been a lot better though. I'd probably go and see them again though.

I'd go along with that. The band looked like they were on good form last night but the sound was poor.

I'm a picky bastard when it comes to sound and I thought it was really good where I was standing (front row near where the bass player stood). I could hear all of the instruments and vocals perfectly and the bass and drums weren't too loud or muddy

I do wear earplugs for gigs that as well as reducing noise cut out some of the bass though so maybe that affected it?

With the amount of bass from last night that is certainly a possibility.

I was a wee bit in front and to the left of the mixing desk and you couldn't really make out the vocals very well from there.

My advice to you all is stand at the front and get some of these -> Alpine Music Safe Pro Filter Ear Plugs: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments worked for me!

It is a shame sound was bad for some people though as I really enjoyed it. It shouldn't be the case that where you stand (or what you wear) has such a drastic impact on sound quality. Would've taken PDA over some of the newer songs but can't have everything

I was stage left towards the back. To start with the bass and vocals were a tad quiet, then they came good but the guitars disappeared. Sound didn't spoil my enjoyment of the gig, which was better than I anticipated due to good set list, 'Antics' heavy = lovely stuff. I had feared too much material from the new album, which despite a few more listens still fails to elevate itself from 'not particularly bad but not particularly memorable'.

As for that godawful support band, name change to Everyding Everyding.

i don't think the performance was particularly special. they were good, but not really good. sound was pish, again. stoopid music hall.

the setlist was pretty decent.