aberdeen-music

Bust PS3

Diesel

After waxing lyrical about my 4-year-old PS3 on a Xbox post a couple of months back, it has finally decided to give me trouble.

Since last night, whenever I start it up, the green light goes on but after 2 seconds, it beeps 3 times and turns to flashing red.

A quick Google search revealed all kinds of ailments and cures - none of which worked.

Any ideas?

Worth repairing?

Is it YLOD? My ps3 did the same. When the 3 beeps happen are both green and read on making it look a little yellow? Then the red just flashes forever?

I got mine fixed by Aberdeen Computer Repair Service for 60 with a 3 month warranty, then it broke after 3 months. You can continually fix it ever 3 months or so or just get it fixed the once, back it up then start saving for a new one.

I think it's just putting some new heat sink compound on the heat sink and cooling it down, nae sure though, better to Google how to fix Yellow Light of Death.

I'm not paying another 60 quid so I'm giving it a bash myself. Worst that happens is I lose my saved games and bought stuff. But my bought stuff doesn't amount to 60.

Is it YLOD? My ps3 did the same. When the 3 beeps happen are both green and read on making it look a little yellow? Then the red just flashes forever?

I got mine fixed by Aberdeen Computer Repair Service for 60 with a 3 month warranty, then it broke after 3 months. You can continually fix it ever 3 months or so or just get it fixed the once, back it up then start saving for a new one.

I think it's just putting some new heat sink compound on the heat sink and cooling it down, nae sure though, better to Google how to fix Yellow Light of Death.

I'm not paying another 60 quid so I'm giving it a bash myself. Worst that happens is I lose my saved games and bought stuff. But my bought stuff doesn't amount to 60.

Thatnks for that - as I suspected really.

To be honest, the only game I really play on it is FIFA 09!

I have a fuck-off quad-processor PC that I use for games, so the PS3 was really a cheap (at the time) Blu-Ray player.

Think I'll sell it spares or repair and punt the games.

Thatnks for that - as I suspected really.

To be honest, the only game I really play on it is FIFA 09!

I have a fuck-off quad-processor PC that I use for games, so the PS3 was really a cheap (at the time) Blu-Ray player.

Think I'll sell it spares or repair and punt the games.

Problem solved.

Sold it on eBay within 10 minutes!