aberdeen-music

The Tennis Thread

Woodsinho

• 4 months later...

Got up at silly o'clock to watch the match today. Murray could have had it wrapped up on several occasions. Encouraging to see him confidently outplay Federer for the most part although I worry about his ability to close out big games when he really should be. I fully expect him to lose the final, possibly in 4 sets. I don't think there's much to be read into Djokovic beating Ferrer with such ease - he always does, however I do think he has the edge over Murray this time. Hope i'm wrong of course.

Aus open is so annoying. I can't be arsed watching all the games but i'll still wake up throughout the night and check the scores. It does no good to my body clock.

Got up at silly o'clock to watch the match today. Murray could have had it wrapped up on several occasions. Encouraging to see him confidently outplay Federer for the most part although I worry about his ability to close out big games when he really should be. I fully expect him to lose the final, possibly in 4 sets. I don't think there's much to be read into Djokovic beating Ferrer with such ease - he always does, however I do think he has the edge over Murray this time. Hope i'm wrong of course.

Aus open is so annoying. I can't be arsed watching all the games but i'll still wake up throughout the night and check the scores. It does no good to my body clock.

Can't you sign up for text alerts or something? Surely such a service exists, then all you need to do is check your phone during pediodic wake-ups?

xx

It's going to be close but you have to make Djokovic the favourite. The semi-final was the first Murray match of the tournament I was able to watch since his other games had all been too early. I thought he was very impressive. However it's a little worrying that in the two sets that were close and could have gone either way it was Federer that got them.