aberdeen-music

The Tennis Thread

Woodsinho

Guest Gladstone

Tsonga needs to pull his racquet out his ass. 2 sets down and a break down in the third... I want this to go to 5 sets so I can be home with my feet up to watch Murray show Nadal how to play tennis.

Guest Gladstone

And he's won the third set! FUCKING GAME ON!

The thing that's pissing me off here is Murray is going to take Nadal out in straight sets in the semi, be 2 sets up against Tsonga in the final and then Tsonga is going to fucking beat him 3-2. You heard it here first.

And he's won the third set! FUCKING GAME ON!

The thing that's pissing me off here is Murray is going to take Nadal out in straight sets in the semi, be 2 sets up against Tsonga in the final and then Tsonga is going to fucking beat him 3-2. You heard it here first.

Tsonga is annoying to watch. He'll come back, have a little momentum and then balls it up by brute-forcing a shot into oblivion. He has a fast/strong hit, which everyone knows, but sometimes he's just a little overbearing.

Guest Gladstone
Tsonga is annoying to watch. He'll come back, have a little momentum and then balls it up by brute-forcing a shot into oblivion. He has a fast/strong hit, which everyone knows, but sometimes he's just a little overbearing.

He's so UNPREDICTABLE though. Everyone loves it. He dives about a bit too which the crowd loves.

A bit of drama in a tennis match never hurts - that's what finally endeared Murray to the crowds - his fighting back from a couple of sets down with some ridiculous shots after looking down and out. Gotta love it.

EDIT: He's just lost his serve to love in the 4th set. What a chump.

Won't hear a bad word said about Tsonga. The man's a fucking gem. A frenchman who doesn't know the meaning of surrender.

He's an absolute gorilla from the baseline and has been involved in some of the best rallies of the tournament. Brilliant to watch IMO.

Praying for a Tsonga v Muzza final.

I was quietly optimistic before the match. The 1st set was a great start then the old murray started creeping in: beating himself up, shouting to his box, dropping the shoulders. He needs to hire a good sports psychologist I reckon. He's clearly got the game to trouble the likes of Nadal, he can just never find it at the right time. Oh well.

Sing when you're winning?

I wasn't being entertained and felt no optimism. I've watched his matches fairly religiously in the past but life is too short for the inevitability of Murray deja vu.

I was quietly optimistic before the match.

I thought he'd get beat going into the match, but he started well. I realise Nadal is the better player but today it felt like he had him. Out of nowhere it all fell away. Was it a capitulation? It felt like it. Either that or he's just not good enough.

I don't know who else watched the Tsonga Djokovic match, but that was a more enjoyable spectacle. Loved it.

It was all my fault, when I tuned in he blew that chance to get two break points on the Nadal serve in the second set then went onto to lose 7 games on the spin and never looked like troubling Nadal. It's a shame as I really wanted Murray to win but he's just not good enough to topple the likes of Nadal at the mo and sadly may never be.

At the moment I see him as being on the same level as Man Utd. He's a great player, one of the greatest the country's ever produced and is capable of beating and embarrasing other great players on a regular basis (e.g. Roddick).

Man Utd will regularly hump some great european and world sides (Roma) and pull off the odd result against the truly great sides but put them in a champions league final against Barcelona...

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are currently operating on a truly spectacular level. Murray's just below that. Hopefully the law of averages will play out in his favour and eventually he'll get a Grand Slam title but it might never happen.