aberdeen-music

threads

James Broonbreed

I'm not sure if this used to be the case or anything; but would it be better for this forum if there were different threads for different books, authors, genres etc.? The way it is at the moment, it's pretty much just like, "I read this", "I read that". It's quite difficult to get discussions going without getting lost in pages and pages of stuff that may not be of particular interest to you.

Dunno, just a thought.

I guess the "Your current read" thread covers, well, pretty much everything.

I did one once.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/books/42539-third-policeman-flann-obrien.html

Never did finish that book.

Agreed that your current read covers everything. But that's the thing, it covers EVERYTHING. It's a bit off putting having to read through commetns about Andy Goram's biography, just to get to something you may actually be interested in.

It's just my opinion, man.

Agreed that your current read covers everything. But that's the thing, it covers EVERYTHING. It's a bit off putting having to read through commetns about Andy Goram's biography, just to get to something you may actually be interested in.

It's just my opinion, man.

I agree with you there, I feel the same about the 2010/2011 football thread, it's daunting opening it up when you haven't read it for a few days and there's 100 new posts in it and you have to trawl through the Premiership, Championship, League One, Spanish League, Serie A, German league etc. trying to find a conversation about the Scottish fitba. Often thought that one should be split up a bit.

But yeah, by all means, give it a go. There's different threads for TV shows, films etc so no reason why it wouldn't work the same for books.