aberdeen-music

Films you recommend

Shaki

I'm trying to track down a film and was wondering if anyone on here might know what it's called. The guy who reviews films on 6music was talking about it a few weeks ago and it sounded right up my street, but I didn't write down the name at the time, and now I can't remember. It's a documentary about a bunch of disabled African street musicians who form a band and make it big (I think). That's about all I can recall, other than it might have been shot by either French or Belgian directors. Any ideas?

I'm trying to track down a film and was wondering if anyone on here might know what it's called. The guy who reviews films on 6music was talking about it a few weeks ago and it sounded right up my street, but I didn't write down the name at the time, and now I can't remember. It's a documentary about a bunch of disabled African street musicians who form a band and make it big (I think). That's about all I can recall, other than it might have been shot by either French or Belgian directors. Any ideas?

Is it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1541006/

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I did chuckle when I saw the "plate of shrimps" poster on a shop door and there were some decent quotes but on the whole I was perplexed. I kind of stopped paying attention towards the end because I couldn't comprehend much so the final scene just pushed me over the edge.

I fear I am ordinary.

The new Muppets movie is absolutely amazing and the Toy Story short that was on before it was worth the admission alone.

I loved last year's Source Code, a really clever sci-fi/time-travel film in a similar vein to Inception, Lost etc and a good performance from Jake Gyllenhall (or however you spell his name).

I also finally got round to watching Snatch recently. I wasn't a big fan of Lock, Stock so was never too keen on seeing Snatch but I'm glad I did. One of the best British films I've seen and Brad Pitt's role as a gypsy is genius.

hello, new guy here. this is my contribution to the thread.

a few classics:

A Clockwork Orange

The Shawshank Redemption

Forrest Gump

Saving Private Ryan

Somewhere In Time

Interview With The Vampire

and some recent ones:

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Harold and Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay

50 First dates

Drive (Ryan Gosling)

The Departed

and so many more, hope you like my short list.

• 8 months later...