aberdeen-music

Dirty Hospital

Guest RomanChoke

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Ourselves and Sidca played with them in November at Drake's, is that the gig you mean? Really OTT electronic stuff and pretty decent live. Apparently, they're ex-members of Bis!

Guest RomanChoke

Yeah thats them. I was at the electronic versus rock night or whatever it was. Well whatever it was, it was good and just wondered if there's any news of them?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I only found out that stuff from last weekend's Sunday Mail magazine, of all things! They'd just done a gig in Glasgow, I'm afraid that's all I know.

they are indeed the boys from Bis repackaged as Dirty Hospital and minus Amanda who now fronts The Kitchen

Jolly nice chaps and geniuses on the synths

We worked with them in their own Studio in Glasgow and they done a remix of a Real Shocks single thats pressed to one sided 12 inch vinyl.....ha look!...theres one here, all shiny and black and Dirty Hospitalized!

I heard their LP in the studio while it was being made and it was super.....kinda like Daft Punk on amphetamines...its out now somewhere!

Dunno if they will be gigging much tho'......they are the busiest people in the world.....last time I was speaking to them they were doing soundtrack music for some huge new cartoon series thats set to be worth a few kazillion squid to them.....will we see them at Drakes again?.....who knows...

Little known fact : they did the Power Puff Girls Movie Soundtrack - hence they own their own stoodio!

bis just did the end theme...and had a couple of songs on the movie....but didnt do THE music for either.

the kitchen have now split up.

bis are meant to be getting back together under a different name (possibly with more members).

whichever bits of the music they did it made them a shitload of cash from it....the gear they bought for the studio is phenominal

I thought the kitchen split was rumour only and they had just decided not to gig ...hmm...now it all makes sense

is Manda actually getting back with the John and Steve for Bis MkII ? (I think they always knew she would)

I thought the kitchen split was rumour only and they had just decided not to gig ...hmm...now it all makes sense

is Manda actually getting back with the John and Steve for Bis MkII ? (I think they always knew she would)

That explains why they pulled out the London gig with us... *things click into place*

• 2 weeks later...

That statement implies that they never actually spent any money that they made...

Put it this way, I've seen PRS cheques of people who have written thirty second pieces of music for syndicated TV shows, and it buys a good few Sherbert dip-dabs...

An ex-girlfriend of mine had one of her songs featured in a car advert. At one point she was earning 4000 a day in royalties.

I think this thread is veering...

THIS HOSPITAL IS DIRTY!!!

Guest Main Agent
An ex-girlfriend of mine had one of her songs featured in a car advert. At one point she was earning 4000 a day in royalties.

Was that the song about "I'm sticking with you, coz I'm made out of glue"???

Why did I think that??? hmmm..perception can make you think..;)