aberdeen-music

Do Women get Men?

Benji

The thing that i found worst about the Keys/Gray scandal was they were insulting her ability at her job, which by the way she was clearly perfectly competent at, the whole video thing which showed andy gray asking one of his female colleagues to tuck a mic down his trousers is different, he said it too her, it was said in jest he was clearly trying to be funny and she had every chance she wanted to respond and mock him back, no harm in that, that is 100% what you call banter,

however saying someone can't do there job just because they are female is completely unnaceptable,

but... has anyone watched loose woman? if thats not sexism i dont know what is! and they are on tv every single day!

but... has anyone watched loose woman? if thats not sexism i dont know what is! and they are on tv every single day!

Yeah, unfortunately. "Ugh, men are rubbish, they don't listen and they leave the toilet seat up and they are so stupid and they don't understand things unless you say it to them three times and if you want something done around the house you have to do it yourrself because they're busy playing with the kids train set". Fucking harridans.

Power structures are important though, as the more disenfranchised a group is, and the more they are likely to feel that extant power structures have no interest or duty of care in and to that group, then those in that group are more likely to use abusive rhetoric and/or action, as a means to state their case to the power/mainstream. I don't condone the use of abuse or violence gratuitously by any section of society, but I can certainly understand why some feel they must resort to it, and, in some cases, defence of your community is absolutely justifiable by any means equivalent to those forces arrayed against it.

The thing that i found worst about the Keys/Gray scandal was they were insulting her ability at her job, which by the way she was clearly perfectly competent at, the whole video thing which showed andy gray asking one of his female colleagues to tuck a mic down his trousers is different, he said it too her, it was said in jest he was clearly trying to be funny and she had every chance she wanted to respond and mock him back, no harm in that, that is 100% what you call banter!

But she didn't respond. She turned away and said nothing. She was clearly uncomfortable with such an advance, whether or not Gray was joking. It's not 'banter' unless the other person joins in.

I personally think that is worse than the remarks made about the female referees assistant, as Gray made his joke to the face of the female member of staff. The remarks about the offside rule were made behind closed doors, off the air, with no intention of anyone else hearing them, whereby they were set up for a fall by having it recorded and leaked. I certainly don't condone the comments, but they weren't meant to be aired.

Where I work, we bitch about tenants/customers/the public all day behind closed doors, but we wouldn't say it to them. I'm sure its the same where most people work.

Yeah, unfortunately. "Ugh, men are rubbish, they don't listen and they leave the toilet seat up and they are so stupid and they don't understand things unless you say it to them three times and if you want something done around the house you have to do it yourrself because they're busy playing with the kids train set". Fucking harridans.

Loose 1 "But sometimes they're lovely, my man got me a huge box of chocolates for Valentine's Day"

[audience] AWWWWWWWWWWWW

Loose 1 "Shame it was dark chocolate which I HATE"

[audience] AWW HAHAHAHA AWWW

Loose 2 "I'll eat any chocolate me, I'm a woman after all"

[crowd] HAHAHAHAHA

Loose 1 "I would've tried if my man hadn't EATEN THEM ALL AND LEFT THE DOOR OPEN WHEN HE WAS SHITTING THEM OUT LATER!!"

[crowd] AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EURGH AHAHA

Loose 3 "Something about having sex"

[crowd] OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH AHHAHA

REPEAT

• Upvote 1

For the sake of my ignorance: the Andy Gray scandal is just a football pundit saying to his colleage "of course she doesn't know the offside rule; she's a woman!", or words to that effect, off the air and it got leaked, right?

xx

He said that about a female referees assistant, what got leaked was him asking a female colleague to put her hand on his cock (more or less). Then Richard Keys was sacked for going on about "smashing" Louise Redknapp I think?

i really hope that they get a bloke on who pretends to buy into all their horseshit and then at the end, zones out for a bit before being asked his opinion, with which he responds

' ....uhhh.....yeah milk and two sugars please sweetheart, and dont be shy with cracking open some biscuits as well there toots' with a cheeky wink at the end. cant think of any suitable candidates at this time........maybe that bloke from two pints, not barf little the other one.

He said that about a female referees assistant, what got leaked was him asking a female colleague to put her hand on his cock (more or less). Then Richard Keys was sacked for going on about "smashing" Louise Redknapp I think?

Ahhh, so being LADS then. Sound like a pair of wankers but I can't say I follow football enough to have a real opinion on them. I don't know who Louise Redknapp is either.

/ignorant.

xx

For the sake of my ignorance: the Andy Gray scandal is just a football pundit saying to his colleage "of course she doesn't know the offside rule; she's a woman!", or words to that effect, off the air and it got leaked, right?

xx

That, and then slagging off an article in that days paper where Karen Brady was talking about sexism in football. Then there was the leaked video of Gray asking the woman to 'tuck that in for me love' and there were other alleged incidents which I don't think were published. Also the Keys "smash it" clip.

FFS, I'm too slow today.

Loose 1 "But sometimes they're lovely, my man got me a huge box of chocolates for Valentine's Day"

[audience] AWWWWWWWWWWWW

Loose 1 "Shame it was dark chocolate which I HATE"

[audience] AWW HAHAHAHA AWWW

Loose 2 "I'll eat any chocolate me, I'm a woman after all"

[crowd] HAHAHAHAHA

Loose 1 "I would've tried if my man hadn't EATEN THEM ALL AND LEFT THE DOOR OPEN WHEN HE WAS SHITTING THEM OUT LATER!!"

[crowd] AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EURGH AHAHA

Loose 3 "Something about having sex"

[crowd] OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH AHHAHA

REPEAT

Best post ever.

Guest idol_wild

Jesus H Christ, folks. Some of the jokes/banter on this thread are/is fucking terrible.

I was once the subject of sexual harassment by more than one female in the work place. I'm actually not even joking. There were approximately 11/12 women who worked there in total, and a couple of them were overly suggestive, and one in particular was very "hands on", and by that, yes, I do mean she actually once grabbed my cock as I was walking past her during working hours. She constantly used to feel my arse and run her hands down my chest, whilst asking "Are you gonna give me your number yet?"

I didn't especially like it, but I also didn't complain. I was working in Bugsy Brown's at the time.

Also, just because I never really reacted the way they wanted me to when they were suggestive or hands on, they actually all thought I was gay. Which is ridiculous. I'm not gay because of that, I'm gay because I shag men.

But she didn't respond. She turned away and said nothing. She was clearly uncomfortable with such an advance, whether or not Gray was joking. It's not 'banter' unless the other person joins in.

Yeah point taken, i havent really seen the video so i was just going by what i have heard but no i see exactly what your saying! 8-)

What the fuck happened to this thread? Shocking moderating. The posts that were deleted were made in a tongue in cheek way because the thread started with a fucking ridiculous post anyway.

I think I may have had a couple of post deleted but I can only remember one for sure, a joke which was repped and responded to in good humour by the target of the joke.

I fully support Lucky rathen's coup of the 2010 best mod award, as he is the best mod but this thread did not require any interference.

That, and then slagging off an article in that days paper where Karen Brady was talking about sexism in football. Then there was the leaked video of Gray asking the woman to 'tuck that in for me love' and there were other alleged incidents which I don't think were published. Also the Keys "smash it" clip.

FFS, I'm too slow today.

I lost all respect for Karen Brady when she started shagging Paul Peschisolido when she was on the board and he was a player at Birmingham. That set back progress on eliminating sexism in football. It was no different to some fatcat dinging his secretary at the office. They have since got married and had kids but it was no less an inappropriate thing despite its outcome and seems to have been conveniently forgotten when she's waxing lyrical in the press.

Not that i'm standing up for Gray and Keys though but i do think their punishment was too harsh and divisive.

Not that i'm standing up for Gray and Keys though but i do think their punishment was too harsh and divisive.

that's what I think. She definitely giggled at 0.06 in that video. And the joke between the two guys about the female linesman was meant to be private. If anything sky should be getting a boot up the arse for privacy stuff. And that thing about Louise Redknapp was also a bit of tongue in cheek banter between 'lads'. Jamie never made a complaint and it should never have been leaked. Everything would be fine unless someone actually complained.

This is the Gordon Brown 'Bigot' thing all over again. No one would've cared if it didn't get leaked. He was obviously stressing at the time. Look at the shit hand he'd been dealt. No one in that car - as far as I'm aware - made a complaint about his comment.

Where was I? Aye. It was more an invasion of privacy on Sky's part than anything else. They're the real baddies in all of this.

But I agree with the equal pay thing and all that. It should be equal. We need to get more girls getting nekked and burning bras. But mostly the nekked part.

What the fuck happened to this thread? Shocking moderating. The posts that were deleted were made in a tongue in cheek way because the thread started with a fucking ridiculous post anyway.

I think I may have had a couple of post deleted but I can only remember one for sure, a joke which was repped and responded to in good humour by the target of the joke.

I fully support Lucky rathen's coup of the 2010 best mod award, as he is the best mod but this thread did not require any interference.

Happy to defend my mod decisions. By your own admission the first 20 posts or so were just shit banter. Tongue in cheek, yes, but shit nonetheless. I was ready to close the thread altogether but then a good discussion started, and I thought the chaff at the start detracted from it. And if I'd left it there, people would have continued replying to that chaff, and the good discussion would have been lost among it.

Think of a thread like a bonsai tree. Sometimes it appears to be doing ok, but then Mr Miyagi comes along and prunes away what appears to be healthy branches. It leaves the tree looking bare and sparse for a while, but stronger, thicker branches grow in their place, and the tree grows into a glorious specimen worthy of a place in Mr Miyagi's shop window. Much like this thread.

I hope this explains things to your satisfaction, Android-San. ;)