aberdeen-music

ableton live

brian arnold

I have a line 6 UX2 which came with Ableton Live lite which i must admit is pretty good, despite having a few problems with how to record at the start.

The best part for me is the drum patterns that come with it and the sequencer which can be added on to it, making some sweet Nine Inch Nails sounds.

Still experimenting with it to see what else you can do with it.

I'd be up for this at some point - I use it quite a bit and really like it. Have tried all sorts of others, Pro Tools, Cubase and the like and just find Ableton easy to use although there are a ton of features I've never even come close to understanding or using!

I never use the sequencer really, just as a stand alone recording software and import drum patterns from Beatcraft and whatever samples etc I need...

ableton

that's the whole idea of it, to learn new skills. it is a very easy daw and a very powerful tool.

i use it to create all sorts of tracks from traditional to dance and put them on soundcloud to share but i'm no expert and still have a lot to learn myself.

hopefully we'll get some experienced users to show some interest aswell.

cheers for now

brian.

I have a line 6 UX2 which came with Ableton Live lite which i must admit is pretty good, despite having a few problems with how to record at the start.

The best part for me is the drum patterns that come with it and the sequencer which can be added on to it, making some sweet Nine Inch Nails sounds.

Still experimenting with it to see what else you can do with it.

I'm the same, got the UX2 with the free version, but got sick of being limited to a small number of tracks so just got the full version via a 'friend of a friend' *cough*

Not used it for some time, because my Toneport is broken so need to get a new interface - just another expense! I'd like to get another Line 6 one purely to keep using the Gearbox software, but they're just so expensive still! Even 60 is a fortnight's worth of food for a poor starving musician such as myself!

• 2 weeks later...
cool, i've been using live 8 suite for about six month and have just added omnisphere never used max for life but would like to see it in action, do you produce??

we'll see if anyone else wants to jump on board before we organise anything, i would like to learn how to mix dj style that would be cool.

cheers.

brian.

Yeah, i produce my own music:

Fitted Kitchens

I'd also love to learn more about the dj side of things, it's something i never really got into.