aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Guest Tam o' Shantie

thread hijack! since it hasnt yet appeared in the news announcements, i'm doing a wee experiment this week to try and get some followers on my new twitter/soundcloud accounts. I'll be posting an exclusive hip hop beat every day this week to lockah's Dropbox on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free . the rap beat type thing is a little departure from what i usually work on which is more like bass driven downtempo/glitch hop type stuff but I'm feeling these beats and would like to put out an EP of some of this type of stuff if it's well recieved. I'll be uploading my first beat later on, check it out and follow me at www.twitter.com/lockah_b

Guest Giles Walker
I was going to post this in the new albums thread, then I thought that the board could do with a thread for hip-hop discussion, new and old.

After years of record label problems and legal wrangling Saigon's "The Greatest Story Never Told" is finally being released.

And it's great!

YouTube - Saigon - The Invitation (Feat. Q-Tip & Fatman Scoop) (The Greatest Story Never Told Album) 2011

YouTube - Saigon - Bring Me Down Pt. 2 [Official Full Version]

And just to get the thread off to a strong start, I might as well repost the absolutely awesome new Tyler the Creator track.

I've listened to that on repeat for about half an hour yesterday.

Erm...

Did anyone listen to this when i posted it at the time out of interest?

Or did my tone dissuade folks from clicking the links?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I accidentally played this video at the same time as listening to your beat and it kinda worked because he is so batshit crazy that he sounds good over beats.

Good beat though mang, even without sheen.

lol you have to be kidding me, more sheen madness. i'm gonna watch it straight away. i take it you heard this 18 min rant as well?

and thanks for the feedback on the beat

Very timely, the new Raekwon actually just leaked this evening. So it's out there if you're the type who would like to download it now. Initial reaction is very positive.

New Lupe leaked too and is apparently shit.

Here's a new track from the upcoming Big K.R.I.T album Rap Radar :: New Music: Big K.R.I.T. Dreamin

Love Krit wuz ere, can't wait for the next one.

Guest Giles Walker
:rolleyes:

I do read pitchfork but I can't say I remember reading about him on it ever.

Just became interested through chat about it on another forum.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make since half of those links you posted are pfork faves.

Jeez dry your eyes p4k fanboy, i wasn't having a go.

I do think that P4K does push a really odd kind of Hip Hop and i think it must have had some effect on the genre, even if it is in the smallest way.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

that's my week of beats up dudes. i didnt have much time midweek so it dips a little bit in quality around the thurs/fri stage in my humble opinion. still had a few folk complimenting those beats more than the others though so i guess everyone just likes what they like. anyway, there are a few different styles here, hopefully some of you will get some pleasure from them.

lockah's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free