Yo MTV RAPS first aired:

Aug 6th 1988

CLUE 2:

Ice Cubes single “today was a good day” released on:

Feb 23 1993

CLUE 3:

”The Lakers beat the Super

Sonics”

Dates between Yo MTV Raps air date AUGUST 6 1988 and the release of the single FEBRUARY 23 1993 where the Lakers beat the Super Sonics:

Nov 11 1988 114-103

Nov 30 1988 110-106

Apr 4 1989 115-97

Apr 23 1989 121-117

Jan 17 1990 100-90

Feb 28 1990 112-107

Mar 25 1990 116-94

Apr 17 1990 102-101

Jan 18 1991 105-96

Mar 24 1991 113-96

Apr 21 1991 103-100

Jan 20 1992 116-110

CLUE 4:

Dates of those Laker wins over SuperSonics where it was a clear day with no Smog:

Nov 30 1988

Apr 4 1989

Jan 18 1991

Jan 20 1992

CLUE 5:

“Got a beep from Kim, and

she can fuck all night”

beepers weren’t adopted by mobile phone companies until the 1990s. Dates left where mobile beepers were availible to public:

Jan 18 1991

Jan 20 1992

CLUE 6:

Ice Cube starred in the film “Boyz in the hood” that released late Summer of 1991, but was being filmed mid-late 1990 early 1991 and Ice Cube was busy on set filming the movie Jan 18 1991 too busy to be lounging around the streets with no plans. Ladies and Gentlemen..

The ONLY day where:

Yo MTV Raps was on air

It was a clear and smogless day

Beepers were commercially sold

Lakers beat the SuperSonics

and Ice Cube had no events to attend was…

JANUARY 20 1992

National Good Day Day

• Upvote 2

Guest Giles Walker

This is the creepiest hip hop video i have seen in a while, when the girl comes in it somehow gets worse.

I have a few other bits and bobs i have been listening to recently, but i am gonna decide in the next day or so whether to stick them in a mix or just dump them all in this thread.

This is the creepiest hip hop video i have seen in a while, when the girl comes in it somehow gets worse.

I have a few other bits and bobs i have been listening to recently, but i am gonna decide in the next day or so whether to stick them in a mix or just dump them all in this thread.

+1 for mix

Been using Pandora a lot recently. Plugging in an artist I like and just seeing what comes up. A lot of stuff coming up I forgot about as well as some new stuff. Pandora is officially awesome.

Really didn't expect this guy to be white. Hate to say it but my opnion changed (white man talking like a black man generally puts me off). Then I re-listened to his tracks and they're just fucking good so it doesn't matter.

Also came across this mob the other day. Based on a lot of other links posted here, I thought folks might like it.

It's funny - ALL of their songs are about money.

Guest Giles Walker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLlE3UkprIM

I doubt i could handle Kendrick Lamar's weirdo rap style for too long, but the beat bangs on this and Gunplay pretty much slays it every time he picks up the mic on this track.

I've been keeping this track close to my chest for a while, because i wanted to drop it in the club and see a reaction to it. The way they have flipped the Zomby sample (One Spliff A Day) works really well. Add to that the fact that they both utterly kill it lyrically on this track. I am a firm fan of ignorant rap right now, but if there was more stuff like this, i would completely convert.

This sounds (to my ears anyway) somewhere between the post backpack hip hop that most British people seem to hold so dearly to their hearts and some straight club friendly, dumb rap fun. I guess it depends on your outlook though, some people wanna hear Talib Kweli being a bit sad after hearing that his son is crying, whilst away on tour.

I will try to record a mix soon, i might have to do it from a club though.