aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Bastard! The more you post about that festival, the more I want to go.

Anyways, it feels like I've been waiting for these guys album to drop for ages:

Part of the reason I love hip-hop so much is sampling/scratching/what have you. Those guys do it with so much feeling and soul, it's beautiful.

This is a great film to check out on the background/history of scratching: Scratch.avi

Also, don't know if many people will class this as hip-hop, but Girl Talk has been my weekend party jam for the past little while. All Day is so good: Girl Talk - All Day by walt74 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Ol Dirty Bastard - Dirty Thoughts (Documentary) on Vimeo

I'll get this link in before the thread gets gummed up like last time with a) embarrassing ghetto talk and b) muso types ridiculing the tastes of others.

Haha it's true. When recommending and reviewing hip hop on the internet, it seems everyone resorts to calling it "sick" and "dope".

It's ok, you're black (read: have a black person as your av), You're allowed.

erm to be a bit more on topic

check out this track, from an album that has apparently been coming soon for some time and there doesn't appear to be much info online about it.

amazing beat and Mos Def is possibly my fave rapper.

It's ok, you're black (read: have a black person as your av), You're allowed.

Well as anyone on here who has met me will testify, I'm as black as they get.

So, what're the odds of a new Madvillain album this year?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'm not really sure what to post in this thread. content so far seems to be modern rap, from the DJ's perspective hip hop is getting far more progressive, is all of the LA and Glasgow beat scene relevent to this thread? what about older tracks? 'the hip hop thread' is a little bit vague. why dont we start a 'punk thread' as well?

meanwhile, this one was pretty big a coupla months ago. it's still my ringtone actually, lol

Lil Flip vs. Dorian Concept- Im A Balla (Patchwork Pirates Edit)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

also, so much hip hop love on the forums these days, some of u should check out acid thunder at origin sometime, definitely one of the most progressive underground nights in the city which deals with all kinds of bass heavy music. there is plenty of modern rap being spun at these nights, personally i can't remember the last time I DJ'd and didn't play at least a couple of OFWKTA joints, I will be spinning Yonkers on saturday's residents special for sure.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

next month we have Fantastic Mr Fox playing his first Scottish date ever, which there is already some decent interest in:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

? 'the hip hop thread' is a little bit vague. why dont we start a 'punk thread' as well?

I just thought that even though there is more talk of hip hop here than previously there probably wouldn't be enough discussion to really merit individual threads for different tracks / albums etc.

And talk of older stuff is just as welcome as new releases.