aberdeen-music

Doug Stanhope @ The Lemon Tree

davidm

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : Doug Stanhope

Brutal, shambolic, savage and unpredictable, American comedian Doug Stanhope has been on the road for 21 years and is widely regarded as carrying the torch for American stand-up that was once held by Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks.

He is the stuff of legend an unsettling, uninhibited, incendiary no-holds-barred comedian who displays scant respect for any personal, moral, social or sexual boundaries. He is a raging, vitriolic, viciously coruscating critic of the stupidity of our social and political systems and the moronic saps who sustain it.

Most of all he is very, very funny, a vicious, uncompromising, messy genius.

Doug's material ranges from true-life graphic perversion to volatile social criticism. He is vulgar, opinionated, brutally honest and shockingly uninhibited. He's had TV appearances, released four DVDs, headlined the Reading and Leeds Festivals and has sold out tours all over North America and Europe.

7th April

...if this doesn't sell out I will forever turn my back on Aberdeen.

Tickets bought. This, people, will be fucking immense. Go and check out his version of the Aristocrats joke on youtube. Disturbing and very, very funny. And I'm a social worker.

Yes! Also check out this great film: The Aristocrats [DVD] [2005]: Amazon.co.uk: Whoopi Goldberg, Steven Banks, Billy Connolly, Eddie Izzard, Hank Azaria, Shelley Berman, Carrie Fisher, Eric Idle, Hugh Hefner, Paul Provenza, Penn Jillette: DVD

• 1 month later...