aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I'm pretty sure it's 3dB for two sound sources and it gets progressively more as you add more sources, but I may be mistaken...

Am I mistaken...?

3dB (or 6dB, im in no position to argue either way) change for every sound source added. So, one sound source = 100dB, two = 103dB, 3 = 106dB and so on assuming all sources are 100dB?

3dB (or 6dB, im in no position to argue either way) change for every sound source added. So, one sound source = 100dB, two = 103dB, 3 = 106dB and so on assuming all sources are 100dB?

No, it's non-linear as dBs are logarithmic units. So it's something along the lines of 1 = 100dB, 2 = 103dB, 3 = 104dB, 4 = 106dB....

xx

EDIT: Link

PegeladditionGleichlauterSchallquellen.gif

Level increase ? L for

n equal loud sound sources

n Change in dB

1 0

2 3.0

3 4.8

4 6.0

5 7.0

6 7.8

7 8.5

8 9.0

9 9.5

10 10.0

12 10.8

16 12.0

20 13.0

There's a sensor, if you take a step away after pushing the button they switch off.

If there is it's buggered. I can stand in front of it pushing it repeatedly some days and it won't come on. needs some maintenance I think.

(probably being lazy here I'll have a look at the council site when I can be arsed)

Guest idol_wild
Handy for town, quiet, no hassle, houses cheap after losing 50 grand moving to Edinburgh for two years. :down:

Edinburgh's a tough nut, eh? The job market is especially ruined.

What the fudge is this madness?

From Joe Max Moore's Wikipedia page, specifially his time with New England Revolution:

In his six years in MLS, Moore scored 41 goals and added 35 assists for 111 points, the assists and points being Rev records through the 2004 season. However, Taylor Twellman has since passed Moore on the Rev's points lists.

What's this points nonsense?

Staff don't use the reputation system at all. The intention was that staff wouldn't be able to either give or receive points so as to maintain impartiality, and make sure any modding decisions couldn't be accused of being for the sake of popularity (!). For some technical reason the software still lets us receive points, but these are ignored.