Jump to content
aberdeen-music
Frosty Jack

Quick Questions

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Urgh, another? That Rumble was garbage. No one in the audience even gave a shit. Shame its all about the money now over actual credibility of the brand. 

Is it still gonna be a woman free event? I read that Stephanie McMahon wasn't even allowed near the last one. 

Yes another one. They have a fucking ten year deal with the Saudis. Surprising for a company that makes such a huge deal of its philanthropy to get in bed with the Saudis but I guess money talks. 

No women again, and all the old farts wheeled out, DX v Undertaker and Kane, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan rumoured. They're under pressure to cancel this one though on the back of that dead journalist. 

They're having a women-only PPV next month to make up for it. 

poster-for-WWE-Evolution.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same, but less flippant, vein of my post above: I'd be surprised if this didn't have some blowback for WWE, if the event's going ahead soon. (If anyone's not been reading the news: a Saudi hit squad -not even going to say allegedly - tortured and murdered an exiled Saudi dissident in their Turkish consulate; the Turks had better espionage/surveillance than the Saudis were presumably expecting and allegedly - more warranted here - have audio of the whole thing). Even the McMahon family's beloved Republicans are going apeshit (in Congress; White House is trying to find a way to say they don't give a fuck, not very successfully).

A tangent, but also a quick question.

edit: I just noticed Lemonade mentioned this above. Ahem.

Edited by scottyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Yes another one. They have a fucking ten year deal with the Saudis. Surprising for a company that makes such a huge deal of its philanthropy to get in bed with the Saudis but I guess money talks. 

No women again, and all the old farts wheeled out, DX v Undertaker and Kane, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan rumoured. They're under pressure to cancel this one though on the back of that dead journalist. 

They're having a women-only PPV next month to make up for it. 

poster-for-WWE-Evolution.jpg

did the undertaker have a kid who also became a Wrastler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ca_gere said:

A friend of mine was a WWE writer for years and got let go last year along with a ton of others. He didn't have many good things to say about the organization - basically indicating that it's gonna be this kind of shit for many years to come

It's a hard as fuck job as well isn't it? I read an interview with a former writer and it seemed to be nothing but non-stop work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why they've got her and Sonya Deville doing exactly the same gimmick though. Shayna looks legit, Sonya...isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, Lemonade said:

I presume you're talking about Shayna Baszler. She's a former MMA fighter, EX-UFC. She'd fuck you up. 

220px-Baszler_TakeOver_NOLA.jpg

 i reckon I could outrun her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where does chat about gigs and bands in Aberdeen actually happen now? Is there an Aberdeen Gigs Facebook group? Or is it just pages for individual gigs?

There's a couple of FB groups down here in Brizzle, but I still prefer the forum format. There's an Ab Mus-like forum too, which is as equally dead and riddled with bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Where does chat about gigs and bands in Aberdeen actually happen now? Is there an Aberdeen Gigs Facebook group? Or is it just pages for individual gigs?

There's a couple of FB groups down here in Brizzle, but I still prefer the forum format. There's an Ab Mus-like forum too, which is as equally dead and riddled with bots.

as far as i know its mostly word of Mouth..I see the odd event page pop up here and there  & there is an aberdeen music promotion fb page which is nae bad-ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, Soda Jerk said:

Where does chat about gigs and bands in Aberdeen actually happen now? Is there an Aberdeen Gigs Facebook group? Or is it just pages for individual gigs?

There's a couple of FB groups down here in Brizzle, but I still prefer the forum format. There's an Ab Mus-like forum too, which is as equally dead and riddled with bots.

I still post on Pie & Bovril and its still going strong. A lot of great chat on there if you hide the thousands of football threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, AVB said:

as far as i know its mostly word of Mouth..I see the odd event page pop up here and there  & there is an aberdeen music promotion fb page which is nae bad-ish

The aberdeen music promotion is just promoters telling each other about awful blues-rock gigs they're not going to go to - no one that actually goes to gigs is part of that group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, colb said:

The aberdeen music promotion is just promoters telling each other about awful blues-rock gigs they're not going to go to - no one that actually goes to gigs is part of that group. 

there are people in Aberdeen that actually go to gigs?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 10:27 AM, AVB said:

there are people in Aberdeen that actually go to gigs?!

dinna get excited, there's only 7 or 8 of them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...