aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

8 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Has anyone ever bred their cat? Like on purpose, not just your cat knocking over the bins and traipsing home up the duff.

We're thinking about finding a man cat to impregnate our woman cat but fuck know how you go about doing this. It all seems quite sordid.

Any suggestions would be grand.

Is there a reson you are thinking about doing it? Would imagine you will manage to get rid of all the kittens as soon as they are ready. As this is what happens on the likes of Mrs murray's or SSPCA but there's loads of animals already needing rehomed. Not trying bring down the dream of all the kittenz because i can see the appeal just a thought. :)

On 21 September 2016 at 8:50 AM, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

Is there a reson you are thinking about doing it? Would imagine you will manage to get rid of all the kittens as soon as they are ready. As this is what happens on the likes of Mrs murray's or SSPCA but there's loads of animals already needing rehomed. Not trying bring down the dream of all the kittenz because i can see the appeal just a thought. :)

I suppose I've never thought of it like that. A house full of Maine coon kittens though.... Pretty rad'.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

That would be awesome and would imagine they would go quick especially if they are maine coons. Would you vet potential owners?

How much vetting can you actually do? Do people actually visit a prospective buyers house and all that, or is it just a case of this person has a scar on their face and a needle hanging out their ballsack, no kitten for them?

1 hour ago, James Broonbreed said:

How much vetting can you actually do? Do people actually visit a prospective buyers house and all that, or is it just a case of this person has a scar on their face and a needle hanging out their ballsack, no kitten for them?

I know the likes of cat's protection do it, visit peoples properties etc. Don't know the specifics but again maybe something to keep in mind.

When my mum bred Rottweilers, she only sold to people who had owned rotties before, or at the very least dogs of a similar size and temperament (Dobermans, German Shepherd etc) as an absolute minimum.

Dunno if it's as practical to cut off the market to only welcome custom from the current Maine Coone elite. Perhaps at least someone who has owned cats before. I wouldn't have thought a Maine Coone would make the ideal "my first cat". 

Having a house full of puppies was just the worst though. What they don't show you in any of the 101 Dalmatians or Beethoven films is when the litter of puppies use their combined weight and strength to break free of their pen and shit all over the house whilst you've nipped out for an hour. Or how you need to bathe them 3 times a day, because their idea of eating is to literally jump into the bowl of dog food and eat around themselves until they are perched on a dog food island, which they have most definitely already pissed and shit on. 

Puppies are shit. 14 puppies at a time is shitter. I hope kittens are more instinctive and less coated-in-shit at all times. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all for adopting a cat rather than buying (may actually be getting one soon). They don't half make it hard tho. Spoke to a couple of cat adoption centres in Poland, where the list of steps involved in getting a cat involves filling in applications forms (your application will be kept on file for 6 months), meeting with an adoption consultant, getting written permission from my landlord to say I'm allowed to have a cat, get a written reference from a vet, and have a home visit from the cat adoption people so they can speak to all the members of the household, assess the house and whether it meets the needs of a cat, how my new cat may need to interact with other pets and children etc, whether there is safe access to outdoors. 

Way to make cats in the need the least accessible cats. I can ring an advertiser in the newspaper and have a cat tomorrow without all this bollocks. 

8 hours ago, Lemonade said:

I'm all for adopting a cat rather than buying (may actually be getting one soon). They don't half make it hard tho. Spoke to a couple of cat adoption centres in Poland, where the list of steps involved in getting a cat involves filling in applications forms (your application will be kept on file for 6 months), meeting with an adoption consultant, getting written permission from my landlord to say I'm allowed to have a cat, get a written reference from a vet, and have a home visit from the cat adoption people so they can speak to all the members of the household, assess the house and whether it meets the needs of a cat, how my new cat may need to interact with other pets and children etc, whether there is safe access to outdoors. 

Way to make cats in the need the least accessible cats. I can ring an advertiser in the newspaper and have a cat tomorrow without all this bollocks. 

It is the best way to make sure horrible bastards aren't looking after cats, especially ones that have previously been mistreated.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lemonade said:

What Jan said. Also well meaning people taking cats home then realising their partner says no/landlord finds out/they are allergic.

2 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Our new rescue cat, Earl Grey. Earl was found abandoned in a plastic bag in Phoenix Park with his two siblings. Who could do that to such a little cutie! 

IMG_20161019_222719.jpg 

Little? Could be a full grown immigrant cat, you checked its teeth yet? 

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 6

• 1 month later...