aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Why, in the arcade section of the site, are there 'high score' holders and 'high score of all time' holders? Is 'high score of all time' when someone get's high score but then deletes their account, or something to that effect?

xx

As far as I can see, the ordinary high scores are wiped after something like a year, but the "high score of all time" is kept permanently* until beaten. I think it's supposed to be a way to keep things fresh.

* as permanently as computers and forum software reliability allows.

Stuff about locking threads.

As a middle ground, why not reinstate the wasteland but rather than letting regular users start threads in there, the mods can use it to dump threads they would otherwise kill?

Or something like that, it's obviously a grey area if a threat has 10 pages worth of helpful, topical discussion then 30 pages of puns and IBTL pics, but some comprimise could be reached?

xx

As a middle ground, why not reinstate the wasteland but rather than letting regular users start threads in there, the mods can use it to dump threads they would otherwise kill?

Or something like that, it's obviously a grey area if a threat has 10 pages worth of helpful, topical discussion then 30 pages of puns and IBTL pics, but some comprimise could be reached?

xx

I don't think it's that much of a problem, tbf. There'd be a couple of threads a month tops.

I don't think it's that much of a problem, tbf. There'd be a couple of threads a month tops.

That's always the case at first. A few locks here and there, what's the harm?

Next thing you know, a single pun being posted and the Modernator will travel back in time to when your mum was pregnant with you and punch her right in the vagina. Then in the stomach. Because punching her in the vagina wouldn't really have much effect, other than physical comedy.

xx

xx

To put my nazi mod hat on, I really don't ever envisage a compromise. The website is here first and foremost as a resource for local bands / musicians / promoters and music fans to talk all things music. The General Discussion forums are a lot more broad, but are covered by the same set of rules as the Music boards, which are, very loosely, stay on topic, and if you post a load of shite it'll get deleted. We're never going to be 4Chan. There are tons of message boards out there where you can ramble away about pointless crap to your heart's content, but this site isn't one of them.

YOU VILL EAT IT YOU VILL LIKE IT YOU HAVE NO CHOICE.

callhitler.jpg

Where is the best place online to buy a new bed? Taking into account speed and cost of delivery. I'd ideally like one that would arrive before next Tuesday.

Does it have to be online specifically? I went to a place in the Haudagain retail park last year, got a really good price on a bed and they delivered it the next morning, for free as well.

What's the best software for removing DRM from music files so I can play them on other laptops / MP3 players?

I get free music downloads from the Nokia OVI Store through my phone contract & it's locked down to one laptop & my phone but I want to put it on a hard drive & use on other devices.

There's about 100GB of music so something that can do it in bulk is needed.

Anyone? Bueller?

What the fuck is wrong with my laptop and how do I fix it?

I've been getting emails from both my girlfriend and my flatmate via their webmail which are titled "no subject" and the email just contains a hyperlink (which I haven't followed). They are sent to everyone in their address book but they both say they don't know anything about them. Since they both use my laptop to access the internet, I can probably safely assume that there's some kind of virus / malware etc on my laptop, oui? So what's doing it and how can I fix it?