aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I tried to find this Claires as Id heard the fable of the massive sandwiches at dirt cheap prices, went into what I thought it was and ended up paying a ridiculous amount, sandwhich was alright though I guess.

Working on George St Dublin Daves is just across the road and pretty good, needs to get some new fillings and never go to the small fat girl to make your baguette if you like having any filling in it.

Mother Tuckers is no more

I tried to find this Claires as Id heard the fable of the massive sandwiches at dirt cheap prices, went into what I thought it was and ended up paying a ridiculous amount, sandwhich was alright though I guess.

Working on George St Dublin Daves is just across the road and pretty good, needs to get some new fillings and never go to the small fat girl to make your baguette if you like having any filling in it.

Mother Tuckers is no more

You done goofed. Claire's is near the junction of Union Grove and Albyn Grove, right between a chemist and a pizza shop. (There's a newsagent right on the corner). I think it may just be called "The Sandwich Shop". Not entirely sure because it says that on the sign, but it says Claire's in the window.

Where is the best place in Aberdeen to get takeaway Thai food?

Bhan Thai and Thai Cottage are favourites of mine - but then I discovered and fell in love with them when I lived on Thistle St so my desire to have a chinese / thai takeaway within walking distance (<1 minute walk) may have overridden my taste.

I do remember them being awesome though, decent veg selection too if memory serves.

xx

Bhan Thai and Thai Cottage are favourites of mine - but then I discovered and fell in love with them when I lived on Thistle St so my desire to have a chinese / thai takeaway within walking distance (<1 minute walk) may have overridden my taste.

I do remember them being awesome though, decent veg selection too if memory serves.

xx

Second on Thai Cottage. It's pretty damn good. In fact, I may well go there for dinner tonight.

A weird question, but if i was using a power tool in my garage and it produced, say, 100db noise levels. If i then turned on a second power tool which also produced 100db, would the new noise level be 200db?

No.

As short an answer as I can coherently manage is:

If you have two sound sources of equal volume, say 100dB, then the total will be 3dB higher so 103dB.

If you add two sound sources together the output volume can never be more than 3dB more than the volume of the loudest of the two input volumes.

That help?

xx

Why are these new pedestrian crossing lights so shit and flaky and who do I whine about this to at the council?

I'm thinking the one on King Street by the Morrisons is the worst. you cna push that button all you like and it won't come on sometimes.

There's a sensor, if you take a step away after pushing the button they switch off.