aberdeen-music
Frosty Jack

Quick Questions

I have a pen drive formatted to FAT32 for watching movies on the TV. For some reason it no longer accepts files larger than around 2.1gb - well lower than the usual 4gb limit.

Any suggestions?

21 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

I have a pen drive formatted to FAT32 for watching movies on the TV. For some reason it no longer accepts files larger than around 2.1gb - well lower than the usual 4gb limit.

Any suggestions?

You already have a 2Gb file on it. 

Yass. Just dodged jury duty.

Wait... This isn't a quick question!

Does anyone realise how ace-ic it is to dodge jury duty?

Edited by James Broonbreed

I dodged it a few years ago. Simply told them the truth...well most of the truth... " I think it would be problematical for me to be in a jury as I have osteo-arthritis and cannot sit still for very long as it causes pain and discomfort.  I fear this may cause distraction amongst the other jury members." Worked a treat.

I got called up for jury duty here in Poland last year. I genuinely had nightmares in the days leading up to it. I was convinced I was gonna be on the jury for the next OJ Simpson trial or something - a big trial that'd drag on for ages and i'd have to be sequestered away in a hotel and not be able to read the news and stuff like that. 

Turned up, did a crossword while waiting to be told whether i'd be on a jury, got told after about 20 minutes the judge was sick and there'd be nothing going on that day... in the clear for another 10 years. Lovely stuff.

I laid it on a bit thick, basically told them I'd have at least 2 days travel - and missing work - either side of any actual duties, plus I'd have to get some poor fucker bunged off his flight to allow me to get on it.

Who's gonna pay for that, eh?! The fuckin' judge?? Da hink so, pal.