aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

37 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

We have Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats, although Deliveroo are on my shitlist at the moment as I tried to get a Burger King delivered a few weeks ago when I was hungover to bits and badly craving some greasy food. I got a notification that the fuckhead was outside and my phone rang for maybe 1 second then cut off. I looked out the window and couldn’t see him so I looked on the map and he was about 3 streets away. So I tried to ring him but he never picked up. About 5 minutes pass and I get a notification saying Your driver can’t wait much longer please go down and meet him. But he still isn’t picking up the phone and I can he hasn’t moved. Then I get another notification saying “Your driver has left, he’s left your meal with number 138 or 142.” I live at number 20..... plus he didn’t even appear to be on the right street. It just said 138 or 142. 

So I message Deliveroo and tell them what’s happened and they ask their stupid questions then say “I’m really sorry about that, I’ll arrange a refund”. And I say “I don’t want a refund I want my food. Can you just send me out another order?” And they say “no sorry we can’t do that” and I say “but that’s ridiculous” etc and that goes back and forth for a while. And then just to top it off they message me with and say oh sorry about this but we tried to process the refund and it’s been referred to our anti-fraud department or some shite, so they need to review it, they’re not back in until Monday (this was a Saturday) and then it will take 48-72 hours to be processed. So I’m like, you throw my food over a hedge then I have to wait 5 days for a refund. Amazing. 

Then I ordered the exact same thing from the same restaurant with Just Eat and it arrived within 20 minutes. Chili cheese bites, onion rings, Whopper, the lot. 

Basically fuck Deliveroo forever. 

A problem I seem to get a-lot is restaurants that are in so much of a rush that they forget parts of my order. Yes, I can get a refund through Deliveroo but it's frustrating because I was looking forward to it. 

• 3 years later...