aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

In the same, but less flippant, vein of my post above: I'd be surprised if this didn't have some blowback for WWE, if the event's going ahead soon. (If anyone's not been reading the news: a Saudi hit squad -not even going to say allegedly - tortured and murdered an exiled Saudi dissident in their Turkish consulate; the Turks had better espionage/surveillance than the Saudis were presumably expecting and allegedly - more warranted here - have audio of the whole thing). Even the McMahon family's beloved Republicans are going apeshit (in Congress; White House is trying to find a way to say they don't give a fuck, not very successfully).

A tangent, but also a quick question.

edit: I just noticed Lemonade mentioned this above. Ahem.

Edited by scottyboy

16 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Yes another one. They have a fucking ten year deal with the Saudis. Surprising for a company that makes such a huge deal of its philanthropy to get in bed with the Saudis but I guess money talks. 

No women again, and all the old farts wheeled out, DX v Undertaker and Kane, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan rumoured. They're under pressure to cancel this one though on the back of that dead journalist. 

They're having a women-only PPV next month to make up for it. 

poster-for-WWE-Evolution.jpg

did the undertaker have a kid who also became a Wrastler?

21 hours ago, ca_gere said:

A friend of mine was a WWE writer for years and got let go last year along with a ton of others. He didn't have many good things to say about the organization - basically indicating that it's gonna be this kind of shit for many years to come

It's a hard as fuck job as well isn't it? I read an interview with a former writer and it seemed to be nothing but non-stop work.

Where does chat about gigs and bands in Aberdeen actually happen now? Is there an Aberdeen Gigs Facebook group? Or is it just pages for individual gigs?

There's a couple of FB groups down here in Brizzle, but I still prefer the forum format. There's an Ab Mus-like forum too, which is as equally dead and riddled with bots.

9 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Where does chat about gigs and bands in Aberdeen actually happen now? Is there an Aberdeen Gigs Facebook group? Or is it just pages for individual gigs?

There's a couple of FB groups down here in Brizzle, but I still prefer the forum format. There's an Ab Mus-like forum too, which is as equally dead and riddled with bots.

as far as i know its mostly word of Mouth..I see the odd event page pop up here and there  & there is an aberdeen music promotion fb page which is nae bad-ish

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, Soda Jerk said:

I still post on Pie & Bovril and its still going strong. A lot of great chat on there if you hide the thousands of football threads. 

On 11/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, AVB said:

as far as i know its mostly word of Mouth..I see the odd event page pop up here and there  & there is an aberdeen music promotion fb page which is nae bad-ish

The aberdeen music promotion is just promoters telling each other about awful blues-rock gigs they're not going to go to - no one that actually goes to gigs is part of that group. 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, colb said:

The aberdeen music promotion is just promoters telling each other about awful blues-rock gigs they're not going to go to - no one that actually goes to gigs is part of that group. 

there are people in Aberdeen that actually go to gigs?!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/20/2011 at 9:24 PM, cool1 said:

Is there any taxi company's in aberdeen that would go to mcdonalds and get food and take it too your house ?

On 3/20/2011 at 10:16 PM, Soda Jerk said:

This question is amazing before you even get into the grammatical errors.

On 3/20/2011 at 10:38 PM, Guest idol_wild said:

Yes. Taxi companies probably would if you phoned them and asked. Try it.

They wouldn't laugh at you at all.

On 3/20/2011 at 11:10 PM, Soda Jerk said:

It's nonsense though. You'd end up paying about 15 for a McDonalds. A Fucking McDonalds. There isn't any worse food available that could be delivered to your house than fucking McDonalds. You could have a main course at the Cults hotel for 15.

McFuckingDonalds?!

On 3/21/2011 at 12:15 AM, cool1 said:

no im thinking about starting a company that goes to takeaway places and brings them to your house

someone did it in england and got 1000s of customers

easy money

not really a job but will pay for the pints

You all mocked cool1 and he was basically inventing Deliveroo two years before Deliveroo existed. Visionary. 

On 7/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, Lemonade said:

You all mocked cool1 and he was basically inventing Deliveroo two years before Deliveroo existed. Visionary. 

Fuck Yeah! Ahead of my time. I was 15 when I posted that. Should have did it. Bet you they have all had McDonalds delivered. Bunch of cunts. I'm still pretty shit at grammar. 

Edited by Improved Thinker
  • Upvote 1

I’ve had McDonalds delivered. The food is pretty much the worst food to be fair. Burger King is miles better. Bigger, meatier burgers that are actually hot, ace chips, onion rings, and Chili Cheese Bites with nothing at McDonalds can even come close to. GTFO with your mozzarella dippers McDonalds. I’ll give McDonalds the McFlurry. Ok and the apple pie. None of Burger King’s desserts are good. 

I’ve re-read most of the thread, it took me several hours. 

On 7/23/2020 at 10:33 PM, Lemonade said:

I’ve had McDonalds delivered. The food is pretty much the worst food to be fair. Burger King is miles better. Bigger, meatier burgers that are actually hot, ace chips, onion rings, and Chili Cheese Bites with nothing at McDonalds can even come close to. GTFO with your mozzarella dippers McDonalds. I’ll give McDonalds the McFlurry. Ok and the apple pie. None of Burger King’s desserts are good. 

I’ve re-read most of the thread, it took me several hours. 

Do you like Mexican food? 

To be honest the decline of this forum has made me fear that if it goes offline we may lose the archives forever. 

Edited by Improved Thinker

22 hours ago, Improved Thinker said:

Do you like Mexican food? 

To be honest the decline of this forum has made me fear that if it goes offline we may lose the archives forever. 

I love Mexican food. 

Neil has said in the past that with the traffic the site still gets (i think it’s still quite high on the Google results) the site basically pays for itself and doesn’t cost anything to run, so he’s no intention of taking it down. I hope that’s still the case. The archives are gold. It’s a shame all the images in the posts are gone and a lot of the posts are just blank. But still. 

7 hours ago, Lemonade said:

I love Mexican food. 

Neil has said in the past that with the traffic the site still gets (i think it’s still quite high on the Google results) the site basically pays for itself and doesn’t cost anything to run, so he’s no intention of taking it down. I hope that’s still the case. The archives are gold. It’s a shame all the images in the posts are gone and a lot of the posts are just blank. But still. 

Yeah, next time your in Aberdeen you should check out Fresh Mex. They are on Schoolhill and are really good. Started by two students from University of Aberdeen who started it as a stall but now have premises. 

The archival knowledge of nightclubs in this forum belongs in a museum. 

• Upvote 1

We have Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats, although Deliveroo are on my shitlist at the moment as I tried to get a Burger King delivered a few weeks ago when I was hungover to bits and badly craving some greasy food. I got a notification that the fuckhead was outside and my phone rang for maybe 1 second then cut off. I looked out the window and couldn’t see him so I looked on the map and he was about 3 streets away. So I tried to ring him but he never picked up. About 5 minutes pass and I get a notification saying Your driver can’t wait much longer please go down and meet him. But he still isn’t picking up the phone and I can he hasn’t moved. Then I get another notification saying “Your driver has left, he’s left your meal with number 138 or 142.” I live at number 20..... plus he didn’t even appear to be on the right street. It just said 138 or 142. 

So I message Deliveroo and tell them what’s happened and they ask their stupid questions then say “I’m really sorry about that, I’ll arrange a refund”. And I say “I don’t want a refund I want my food. Can you just send me out another order?” And they say “no sorry we can’t do that” and I say “but that’s ridiculous” etc and that goes back and forth for a while. And then just to top it off they message me with and say oh sorry about this but we tried to process the refund and it’s been referred to our anti-fraud department or some shite, so they need to review it, they’re not back in until Monday (this was a Saturday) and then it will take 48-72 hours to be processed. So I’m like, you throw my food over a hedge then I have to wait 5 days for a refund. Amazing. 

Then I ordered the exact same thing from the same restaurant with Just Eat and it arrived within 20 minutes. Chili cheese bites, onion rings, Whopper, the lot. 

Basically fuck Deliveroo forever.