aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

11 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

Bit hard when my I'll only be getting student loan and no bursary. Obviously I will want a job then too but there's no guarantee I'll have the money for it.

Hard but not impossible. Perhaps that allocated bursary money could be going to someone else that hasn't already has access to SAAS funding?

• Upvote 1

On 9 May 2017 at 7:46 PM, Soda Jerk said:

Save up for a year and then do it.

Ive been thinking about doing this if I can't get funding from somewhere else. its just if I was getting funding it would mean college, then if my health is good then get a job. I don't want to be in the same position I am now, in a year, because I took too much on too soon.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to retrieve my bookmarks from a now old hard drive....

I have a new laptop and have managed to fire the old HD into a caddy to retrieve all my files, but I can't find any of my bookmarks on it.... I've tried to boot up from the old HD but it doesn't want to play ball. I also don't fuck around with all that signing in to Chrome shit, so they're possibly gone for good...... Are they?

Cheers

5 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

I'm trying to retrieve my bookmarks from a now old hard drive....

I have a new laptop and have managed to fire the old HD into a caddy to retrieve all my files, but I can't find any of my bookmarks on it.... I've tried to boot up from the old HD but it doesn't want to play ball. I also don't fuck around with all that signing in to Chrome shit, so they're possibly gone for good...... Are they?

Cheers

Look in \Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

On 7/3/2017 at 10:36 AM, James Broonbreed said:

I maybe should've mentioned it's a Mac..

It's really straightforward.

1. Throw your mac in the bin - theyr'e rubbish.

2. Buy a PC and start from scratch, think of the satisfaction when you build a list of bookmarks you'll never use all on your ownsome.

22 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

I pretty much used all my bookmarks on a regular basis - or deleted them once I was done with them.

Cheers though. Where's Mac Atom to tell everyone to stop being bell-ends when you need him.

If you still have the hard drive, this site details how to get the bookmarks https://www.lifewire.com/back-up-or-move-safari-bookmarks-to-new-mac-2260891?i10c

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know it an opticians such as Specsavers, Vision Express etc would put prescription lenses in my own sunglasses? Like... If I bought a pair of sunglasses for 30 quid somewhere rather than paying 130 in there and just brought them in. I know Vision Express do it with Ray Bans but that's because they sell Ray Bans.