aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Can't reveal the new name because it's top secret, and only a handful of people know it.  There are various rumours circling, which we are ultimately the source of, but whether anyone chooses to believe those or not is entirely their call ;)

Most of the other changes have slowly implemented over the course of the past 5 years, and although the toilets have been taken in an entirely new direction, the rest of the building resolutely remains a dive bar (in the true context of dive).  

We've always targeted the students to some extent, and were fixture at the student fayers until last year, when we reached the point of demising returns and decided to invest our marking budget into live music instead.  There are no plans whatsoever to turn the place into a dedicated student bar, except perhaps on the morning of the 1st of April 2016, when one shall be erected on the site of our former absinthe distillery.

Am aware of various other rumours floating around, none of them accurate.  Happy to answer any questions, so fire away!

• Upvote 4

Happy to answer any questions, so fire away!

A train leaves Manchester at 17:08 heading for London @ 60mph, Another train leaves London travelling to Manchester at the same time but travelling @ 58mph.

If it's 190 miles from London to Manchester - what time will the 2 trains pass each other?

Edited by colb

A train leaves Manchester at 17:08 heading for London @ 60mph, Another train leaves London travelling to Manchester at the same time but travelling @ 58mph.

If it's 190 miles from London to Manchester - what time will the 2 trains pass each other?

I know you weren't asking me, but I think it 18.34.

• Upvote 1

Can't reveal the new name because it's top secret, and only a handful of people know it.  There are various rumours circling, which we are ultimately the source of, but whether anyone chooses to believe those or not is entirely their call ;)

Most of the other changes have slowly implemented over the course of the past 5 years, and although the toilets have been taken in an entirely new direction, the rest of the building resolutely remains a dive bar (in the true context of dive).  

We've always targeted the students to some extent, and were fixture at the student fayers until last year, when we reached the point of demising returns and decided to invest our marking budget into live music instead.  There are no plans whatsoever to turn the place into a dedicated student bar, except perhaps on the morning of the 1st of April 2016, when one shall be erected on the site of our former absinthe distillery.

Am aware of various other rumours floating around, none of them accurate.  Happy to answer any questions, so fire away!

Why are you never in when I am in the bar?

Do you still sell panini's?

Why did the open mic end on Sundays?

Do you still sell the sister drink to Hefe or was that discontinued?

What other Fruit Beers do you sell other than Fruli?

Do you still look at the Jukebox thread for suggestions/ do you still update the Jukebox?

Why don't you post on these forums as much as you did back in it's heyday 2004/2005?

One of your staff are organising a 1 day music festival in Insch, Is there a Facebook/Website where I could find out more about this? Also what is this guys name? (He only works on a Tuesday)

I would also like to say since I haven't had the chance to meet you in person that you have an awesome bar with honest down to earth staff. I have not found this in any other bar where you could actually have a conversation with the bar staff and not get weird looks. I also like how you can come by yourself and not get weird looks. Great atmosphere even when it's empty. Hopefully I will meet you one day when your in the bar.

Edited by Improved Thinker
  • Upvote 1

What prompted the name change? Stuff like the toilets and the cosmetic/practical layout overhaul all make sense for obvious reasons, but the name change makes it feel more like a total re-brand? 

And the trains pass at "about half 6". You don't need to be more accurate than that.

xx

• Upvote 1

They STOLE my idea. (I said it on this forum before that article came out)

I am attending T In The Park this year and so will have to slum it with Tennants whilst there. I would go to this event but it clashes with the Moorings Variety Show.

Edited by Improved Thinker

Why does drinking alcohol get put in the same category as Smoking?

Someone asked if I smoked and I replied with "no" but they pointed out that I did drink. Since when has drinking alcohol been as bad as smoking.

Because they are often activities which happen at the same time.

The same wonderful, wonderful time.

• Upvote 1

any frequent gig goers at the music hall? i've only been to one a few years back and got tickets standing on the main floor level with stage.

I want tickets to bullet (refrain from sarcastic comments) but all that seems left is balcony/stalls.

am i correct in thinking both are raised? i'm not keen on having standing tickets on a raised platform in case of accident but i think they might be seated anyways, can anyone confirm?

I maybe mis-read your post. Basically at the Music Hall, balcony and stalls are your only option, as opposed to HMT where you've the stalls, dress circle and upper circle. Stalls just means the dancefloor/on the same level as the stage, so not raised. Sometimes there are seats but for bands like Bullet For My Valentine, I think it'll just be standing because people will want to move around.

Edited by kirsten