aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

A girl on my Facebook friends list keeps inviting me to like pages to do with her political views and they're starting to piss me off. I've already unfollowed her because I'm sick of reading them, can I block her from inviting me to like pages? I don't want to go the whole hog and unfriend her because she's alright Larusso, she's just one of these cunts that bludgeons you over the head with their politics and posts about it 100 times a day.

A girl on my Facebook friends list keeps inviting me to like pages to do with her political views and they're starting to piss me off. I've already unfollowed her because I'm sick of reading them, can I block her from inviting me to like pages? I don't want to go the whole hog and unfriend her because she's alright Larusso, she's just one of these cunts that bludgeons you over the head with their politics and posts about it 100 times a day.

I know the type, I am also one of those cunts. I believe if you select the "turn off" bit on the notification, like where you would go to block all Candy Crush invites, then you can stop all page-like invitations from them. I think.

xx

• 3 weeks later...

Talk to me about proxies. I've got DNS settings on my XBox to get US Netflix, but I'd also like the BBC iPlayer and that doesn't work. I considered paying for a proxy, can anyone recommend one that will give me both Netfilx US and the iPlayer? (Or even a good free one?) Ideally I need one that will work on my laptop as well as my XBox.

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

Anyone lived in/commuted from Elgin? Property prices there are insanely low, considering moving up there and commuting to Dyce by train. Anyone did that? Is it as shite is I'd expect? Or is it just about as bad as commuting into Dyce from anywhere else?

#Bold

Xx

Tom from ii comes in from Elgin. Have a word with him about it?

Hola worked a treat, right now watching the Scottish fitba on my tablet. Cheers! This will do me for the time being. I'll use this on my tablet and laptop for the iPlayer and BBC online content (got pied just trying to listen to the Dons game on the radio yesterday) and just change the DNS settings on my Xbox for Netflix.

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

Anyone lived in/commuted from Elgin? Property prices there are insanely low, considering moving up there and commuting to Dyce by train. Anyone did that? Is it as shite is I'd expect? Or is it just about as bad as commuting into Dyce from anywhere else?

#Bold

Xx

A boy I work with commutes from MacDuff to Dyce. It doesn't seem to be any worse than my commute from Torry, around 40 - 50 minutes.

Hola worked a treat, right now watching the Scottish fitba on my tablet. Cheers! This will do me for the time being. I'll use this on my tablet and laptop for the iPlayer and BBC online content (got pied just trying to listen to the Dons game on the radio yesterday) and just change the DNS settings on my Xbox for Netflix.

We had the xbox one set up as UK netflix, and the xbox 360 as the US version :)

On my laptop, internet explorer (ugh) goes to the UK netflix and chrome has Hola set up for US version.  The only pain being that watching tv series with Hola means the next episode doesn't automatically load.  

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I buy a big ass tub of Haribo? Not a tub of little packets of Haribo - just a big Ol' tub of jelly goodness?

Tried Tesco and ASDA this morning - I don't have a Costco card so that's out. Anyone know of a sweet shop that would have this kinda thing?

Where can I buy a big ass tub of Haribo? Not a tub of little packets of Haribo - just a big Ol' tub of jelly goodness?

Tried Tesco and ASDA this morning - I don't have a Costco card so that's out. Anyone know of a sweet shop that would have this kinda thing?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=haribo+tub

• Upvote 1

You obviously went to the wrong Asda - http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-sna1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910001112483

• Upvote 1

Awesome Sauce - I'll be heading back out and hitting every goddam Asda in this hell forsaken town.

COLB NEEDS HARIBO STAT!

If they were for me I'd have just bought a couple of packets - I'm not too proud to slum it.

Does anyone use Sainsburys for their Gas and Electric? I'm currently shopping around on utility switching/comparison sites, as Scottish Hydro are crazy expensive now that my fixed price contract has ended. Sainsbury's seem to be coming out on top for being the cheapest supplier, but I don't want to go with them if they are total rogue bastards.

Not directly relevant but I took a loan out through Sainsbury's bank and it was quick, seamless and the best rate on the market. ALl energy companies seem to be much the same as has been said above, and the only differentiator is prices - so I'd make sure you're compariung like with like and go there if they were lowest

Is there a free program that takes music off your iPod and saves it on to your PC? I used to use Sharepod years ago, but now you gotta pay for it.

Ideally one that saves the music in one directory per album. I just used PodTrans, and it just saves it all in to one big folder, all 18,000+ tracks together. Nightmare to navigate through. Trying to Sort by > Artist just makes it crash. 

Is there a free program that takes music off your iPod and saves it on to your PC? I used to use Sharepod years ago, but now you gotta pay for it.

Ideally one that saves the music in one directory per album. I just used PodTrans, and it just saves it all in to one big folder, all 18,000+ tracks together. Nightmare to navigate through. Trying to Sort by > Artist just makes it crash. 

I notice there's still a free Sharepod - what's the difference? Number of files or something?

I notice there's still a free Sharepod - what's the difference? Number of files or something?

Yeah, it ripped the first album, then said I had to pay.

It's alright though. I used the mountain of unsorted tracks from PodTrans, and Winamp grouped it all together and put it into folders per artist. Super Winamp.