aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

My iPhone has deleted all my contacts, it happened a couple of months ago and I just went in and ticked a box in settings and they all came back, I can't remember what I did tho. Any suggestions?

Go to COntacts > top left there's Groups > check if all are ticked. Any that are unticked won't be shown. Possibly that?

• Upvote 1

I used to sell kindles as well. If it's being used a lot, and if it's for someone who reads in bed especially, then it's probably worth the extra for the paper white. If it's only being used two-three times a week and not in any situation where you'd need a book light, then you're probably fine with the standard kindle. 

• Upvote 1

I used to sell kindles as well. If it's being used a lot, and if it's for someone who reads in bed especially, then it's probably worth the extra for the paper white. If it's only being used two-three times a week and not in any situation where you'd need a book light, then you're probably fine with the standard kindle.

Cool, thanks. Does it do anything else extra other than have the backlight?

I have the paperwhite and it's the tits. the backlight means stuff like not needing a light when you're reading in bed, etc. seems small but makes a massive difference. the wife has an old kindle and that itself is a big upgrade

I'll have a look at them tomorrow. If I can get a good price on it then I'll get one.

Ok final question of my quick question trilogy. I broke a light switch in my house. I can replace it no problem, I've done it tons of times. But I thought about fitting a dimmer switch, to make it into a sleazy sex den. Can I just buy one and fit it where the previous switch was and does it work with any light fitting? I don't want to blow my house up.

• Upvote 1

I'll have a look at them tomorrow. If I can get a good price on it then I'll get one.

Ok final question of my quick question trilogy. I broke a light switch in my house. I can replace it no problem, I've done it tons of times. But I thought about fitting a dimmer switch, to make it into a sleazy sex den. Can I just buy one and fit it where the previous switch was and does it work with any light fitting? I don't want to blow my house up.

You most likely can. Here is an article with the reasons why you may not be able to.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-replace-a-light-switch-with-a-dimmer.html

You can but be ready for it to stop working after a certain length of time. Happened when I installed one.