aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

, if a company withdraws an offer based on factors you can't control then they're not worth working for.

Although I understand where you're coming from, I think it would depend on what the job/company was. If it had several dozen or 100's of employees, then one being off could be covered. On the other hand if there was only 3-4 employees then it could be a problem.

The bottom line is though is that S Mc is on top of the situation and the future is looking rosy :)

• Upvote 1

Although I understand where you're coming from, I think it would depend on what the job/company was. If it had several dozen or 100's of employees, then one being off could be covered. On the other hand if there was only 3-4 employees then it could be a problem.

The bottom line is though is that S Mc is on top of the situation and the future is looking rosy :)

Nah - discrimination legislation is quite clear. Doesn't depend on anything.

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 1

I don't like phoning people. Is there any way I can find out if the recent weather has caused an upset at the Aberdeen North Exchange? My 3G wasn't working earlier, and now my partner is saying the house broadband is no good either.

Quick Google search yielded nada.

Edited by KarmaTsunami

Nah - discrimination legislation is quite clear. Doesn't depend on anything.

You might be right, but I can't see how an would employer could be done for not giving someone a job. If that was the case they would need to give everyone that applied or turned up for an interview...a job.

Maybe I'm missing something due to S Mc being offered the job already...however maybe circumstances at the firm have changed. Were contracts signed etc. Maybe we are all reading too much into the situation.........

S Mc....did you get the job in the end?

You might be right, but I can't see how an would employer could be done for not giving someone a job. If that was the case they would need to give everyone that applied or turned up for an interview...a job.

Maybe I'm missing something due to S Mc being offered the job already...however maybe circumstances at the firm have changed. Were contracts signed etc. Maybe we are all reading too much into the situation.........

S Mc....did you get the job in the end?

You can't base a decision on whether to make (or retract) a job offer based on someone having epilepsy*. Makes not a jot of difference whether contracts were signed or not. Proving it to a degree where a company can be charged with discrimination is more difficult - which is why I said that any company who would do that wouldn't be worth working for.

*EDIT - some jobs do have reservations on health criteria, but not very many.

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 1

They actually have to give you an interview nowadays if you meet the minimum criteria, and have a long-standing illness or disability. 

I was worried as I'd been offered the job, handed in my notice and had marked long-standing illness in my application.  For my supervisor then to question if I'd told them worried me.  I emailed them and it's all good :)

The epilepsy and under-active thyroid had caused absences in the past, but I always worked late to make up any hours I'd missed and have regular doctor appointments to keep on top of everything.

• Upvote 1

My band have been asked to play at HMV on september 27th. We have been booked. We've now been told we might not get it now as the person who booked it thought her cousin still played in the band, not exactly fair is it? We have also been told that the persons who's cousin it was that their band will be doing the gig if we get cancelled.

As a band being booked where do we stand?

Edited by Moon Moon

My band have been asked to play at HMV on september 27th. We have been booked. We've now been told we might not get it now as the person who booked it thought her cousin still played in the band, not exactly fair is it? We have also been told that the persons who's cousin it was that their band will be doing the gig if we get cancelled.

As a band being booked where do we stand?

You don't, there's not much you can do about it really.

Good luck keeping the gig when she reads online that you want to drop kick her in the face.

no. Our old drummer mailed us saying her cusion only gave us the gig because she thought that the drummer was still in it. Turns out it was a whole confusion and the old drummer got mixed up where we were playing and who was organising it in which it wasn't her cusion. I do not want to drop kick the cusion who's the organiser I want to drop kick our old drummer for causing an argument.

no. Our old drummer mailed us saying her cusion only gave us the gig because she thought that the drummer was still in it. Turns out it was a whole confusion and the old drummer got mixed up where we were playing and who was organising it in which it wasn't her cusion. I do not want to drop kick the cusion who's the organiser I want to drop kick our old drummer for causing an argument.

What on earth is a cusion?

• Upvote 1