aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Where's a nice restraunt in Aberdeen? Money ain't an issue and preferably romantic.

So much depends on what style of food you like. Aberdeen is awash with mediocre overpriced restaurants. That said there are still a few, very good restaurants left in my opinion.

Cafe Boheme for traditional French

Granite Park for modern British

Rock and Oyster for seafood, however if your after seafood then the Creel Inn at stonehaven is worth the trip.

Rustico for a hearty Italian

Yangtze River for Chinese - not very romantic though.

Musa is a funky little place too.

It has been a while since I've been out for a nice meal in Aberdeen so all of the above could now be rank!!

Rock and Oyster for seafood, however if your after seafood then the Creel Inn at stonehaven is worth the trip.

Creel Inn is in Catterline.

The Tolbooth is a decent seafood restaurant in Stoney though.  Marine and the Ship Inn are also good.

So much depends on what style of food you like. Aberdeen is awash with mediocre overpriced restaurants. That said there are still a few, very good restaurants left in my opinion.

Cafe Boheme for traditional French

Granite Park for modern British

Rustico for a hearty Italian

Yangtze River for Chinese - not very romantic though.

Musa is a funky little place too.

It has been a while since I've been out for a nice meal in Aberdeen so all of the above could now be rank!!

I'll eat anything but he's wanting Chinese l, I've heard good stuff about the food at Yangtze River but as you said it's not very romantic. This evening has to go very well. Any other Chinese places?

I'll eat anything but he's wanting Chinese l, I've heard good stuff about the food at Yangtze River but as you said it's not very romantic. This evening has to go very well. Any other Chinese places?

Zen oriental. Its good for food especially the crispy lamb. Yes lamb not duck, and the decor lends itself to an intimate date.

I've been offered a job I really like the sound of, with great prospects.   The manager has just called my supervisor to find out about my absences, and I have had a few due to a long standing illness.

I'm a bit worried as my supervisor was a bit smug about it, asking if I had told them (of course) but I'm worried it hasn't been detailed past the application stage.  

Should I email the manager and explain what these are?

Edited by Slutbags McGee

I've been offered a job I really like the sound of, with great prospects.   The manager has just called my supervisor to find out about my absences, and I have had a few due to a long standing illness.

I'm a bit worried as my supervisor was a bit smug about it, asking if I had told them (of course) but I'm worried it hasn't been detailed past the application stage.  

Should I email the manager and explain what these are?

Hmmmmm - is the job internal? If not then anyone commenting on absences is on pretty sticky ground.

If it is an external position it's always best to give an HR contact as a reference if you can, they'll generally stick to only confirming dates of employment and nothing else. Which is the safest way to get/give a reference - takes personal opinion right out of the equation.

It's an external position, and I think she has only confirmed dates (it was a quick phone call) - I just don't know if she explained that they were mostly due to a pre-existing illness.

If I do end up working with them, they'd have to know anyway as it's epilepsy.

Ok - I meant that they should only confirm the day you started and the day you finished and not talk about illness or absence at all. She might just be winding you up? If you're not sure whether somethign has been said or not then I might give them a call and just explain the situation, if a company withdraws an offer based on factors you can't control then they're not worth working for.