aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Google aren't putting spam at the top. The scammers are paying for the space at the top. General rule of thumb is the first the hits on Google are paid for adverts.

They're paying Google for the space at the top. Google should take their money, but tell them to scram, and bin their links.

I'm certain sponsored links used to be a lot more trustworthy than in recent times. Or maybe they weren't and I'd just never clicked one until trying to source OpenOffice.

They're paying Google for the space at the top. Google should take their money, but tell them to scram, and bin their links.

I'm certain sponsored links used to be a lot more trustworthy than in recent times. Or maybe they weren't and I'd just never clicked one until trying to source OpenOffice.

They do the same for passports, driving licences and European health insurance cards (EHIC), bumping the costs of applying for all three massively (the EHIC is free). Google really should do more to stop it, but they get the cash from the ad so don't care that much.

Does anyone know of the estate offices around Stonehaven area - for example, Monymusk has an estate office run by the Laird.  Just wondering if there's anything similar near Stonehaven, and what the contact details are?

To the North and West of Stoney you're looking at Ury and Rickarton estates.  Should be easy enough to find contact details for them via google.

Not so sure about the south.  Dunnottar Castle is owned by Dunecht Estate but I think a lot of the farmland to the south is owned by the Forbes (the F of FM Group who own Ury).  Could be wrong though.  

This site might give you an idea of the areas owned by large landowners:

http://www.whoownsscotland.org.uk/property-index.php?c=kn&r=az

You can subscribe to find out more detail of exactly who owns what.

Ok peeps,

Does anyone know of anyone local to Aberdeen who could host a whisky tasting at short notice? I'm waiting for Nick from the whisky shop to get back to me but other than that I have tried google and not getting any positive links...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kev 

Edit: should also have pointed out I've tried the tippling house and casc who cannot help. One is to blame for my predicament but I wont go into details!!

Edited by KSJ81

Ok peeps,

Does anyone know of anyone local to Aberdeen who could host a whisky tasting at short notice? I'm waiting for Nick from the whisky shop to get back to me but other than that I have tried google and not getting any positive links...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kev 

Edit: should also have pointed out I've tried the tippling house and casc who cannot help. One is to blame for my predicament but I wont go into details!!

Give Musa a phone, they'll sort you out and have HEAPS of whisky.

I've been to a few tastings there and they can do you some matching grub too.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Mo.

Not a head wetting, you will be invited when I finally get round to that!! Its for my bro's stagger, the guys at 10 dollar shake are part of Tippling house and they couldn't help.

I should really get organised a head wetting too though! 

The Grill has the best whisky selection in the city, but not sure if they'd do an organised tasting.

Deeside Drinks in Banchory? Not sure if Sandy would be able to organise something in Aberdeen for you. If not he may be able to point you in the right direction.

This is OFF TOPIC and nothing to do with music but perhaps someone can help.

Is there any archery enthusiast on this Forum?

I am looking for someone who knows how to use a bow and arrow to get a very thin fishing line over  the top of a 60ft tree at the foot of my garden.

I want to then use the fishing line to pull up a ham radio wire aerial.

Huge fee available! Loads of alcohol etc.

This is OFF TOPIC and nothing to do with music but perhaps someone can help.

Is there any archery enthusiast on this Forum?

I am looking for someone who knows how to use a bow and arrow to get a very thin fishing line over the top of a 60ft tree at the foot of my garden.

I want to then use the fishing line to pull up a ham radio wire aerial.

Huge fee available! Loads of alcohol etc.

it's been 3 years since I done it but I'll go make a few texts a guitarist I know Is a professional shooter so probably has some archery buddies
  • Upvote 1

Is there a thread for Barcelona recommendations? I can find the Poland one and the other Poland one, but not the NoidRoid's Poland thread?

xx

EDIT: #bold

got your pm and will reply to it on a day when i'm not facing going to work  after being out all night at a music festival.

feel free to send me abuse if i forget about it and don't reply.

Car people. Recently I've noticed my steering wheel starts juddering / vibrating when I get up to about 60-70 mph. What could be causing that? (And I'm looking for a better answer than "because you drive such a shit car")

Could be a lot of things!

If there is a grumble coming from front wheels also, could be a wheel bearing.

Sounds stupid but have you checked your wheel nuts are tight?

Or have you hit a kerb or anything that could have slightly buckled a wheel?

Vibrations are generally caused by something spinning that is no longer quite as round as it should be.