aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Steviepearce or kinellar guitar studios is the best. And how do you meen busted nut? Like you broke it and need a new one? It's a delicate job I tried to remove the nut on my les Paul and took the Vaneer with it.

It needs replaced I think. The A and D strings vibrate pretty badly when played open. It's a half decent guitar (SG) so would want someone competent that isn't going to mess it up.

It needs replaced I think. The A and D strings vibrate pretty badly when played open. It's a half decent guitar (SG) so would want someone competent that isn't going to mess it up.

yeh take it to a shop or business or someone who knows their stuff, it's really delicate to do Edited by YoungA

Well maybe in your case but if he's never done it before maybe best get a shop. If you are doing it on your own take your time, make sure you have a perfect fit if not sand delicately and when cutting to get the old nut out get in as deep as possible on each end and keep going until your absolutely certain it will come out safely without wrecking the guitar

Well maybe in your case but if he's never done it before maybe best get a shop. If you are doing it on your own take your time, make sure you have a perfect fit if not sand delicately and when cutting to get the old nut out get in as deep as possible on each end and keep going until your absolutely certain it will come out safely without wrecking the guitar

Pretty sure I've removed 2 nuts in the past and both of them just popped out with a sharp tap on the side. No cutting required.

This isn't true. There are a number of reasons for leaving a job while still in a probationary period that would mean you'd want and be given a reference. And although the notice period is generally shorter, it's usually at least a week.

While it's not particularly enforceable and there's no real penalties, it's still a breach of a contract of employment to walk out at any time without giving the notice you've agreed to give.

Sorry, honestly thought you didn't get a reference when you left during the probationary period - as you basically hadn't worked there long enough.

Sorry, honestly thought you didn't get a reference when you left during the probationary period - as you basically hadn't worked there long enough.

Some probation periods are 12 months, it all depends how much of a dick the company is I think. All of this stuff is subjective unfortunately. And the law favours companies over employees - the new industrial tribunal regulations are very heavily weighted towards companies doing whatever they want, and unless you've got the cash to pay the fees it's difficult to get any kind of redress.

How do I stop sliding down my chair at work?

I constantly find myself slouched like some sort of sloth at my desk with my chin almost touching my desk.  I never notice myself sliding down my chair, nor do I do I intentionally slouch like that, nor am I wearing a shiny slidy suit or anything ridiculous like that.

However, every so often, I have to make a conscious effort to push myself back up in my chair and sit up straight.

I constantly find myself slouched like some sort of sloth at my desk with my chin almost touching my desk.  I never notice myself sliding down my chair, nor do I do I intentionally slouch like that, nor am I wearing a shiny slidy suit or anything ridiculous like that.

However, every so often, I have to make a conscious effort to push myself back up in my chair and sit up straight.

Get a footrest

It might help.  It raises your knees a bit and helps your general posture but it depends how low you have your seat.  I have mine quite high and have used a footrest in the past.

But you could always still roll your chair back and still slouch.  I don't think there's an easy fix, just stop slouching.

Correct-Sitting-Position-by-sports-massa

I constantly find myself slouched like some sort of sloth at my desk with my chin almost touching my desk. I never notice myself sliding down my chair, nor do I do I intentionally slouch like that, nor am I wearing a shiny slidy suit or anything ridiculous like that.

Correct-Sitting-Position-by-sports-massa

That is how I sit generally, but at some point I slide down into a slouch and when I notice, I correct it. I think my posture is generally okay - I don't want to be a sloucher but can't seem to stop it.