aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Anyone know if a boundary fence between two houses has a presumption of joint ownership in Scotland?  

Fence blew down last night and deeds don't specify if it's a joint responsibility or not. Neighbour thinks I own it but I reckon it's both houses responsiblity.

Anyone know if a boundary fence between two houses has a presumption of joint ownership in Scotland?

Fence blew down last night and deeds don't specify if it's a joint responsibility or not. Neighbour thinks I own it but I reckon it's both houses responsiblity.

Sometimes, usually, but certainly not always, an indicator can be which side of the fence the posts are in. ie posts on your side could well be your fence. Wishy washy? Totally.

I would be inclined to say a party fence, in the absence of any title deeds info, is shared ownership and shared responsibility...

No charge for my pish advice btw

Sometimes, usually, but certainly not always, an indicator can be which side of the fence the posts are in. ie posts on your side could well be your fence. Wishy washy? Totally.

A lot of folk have said that to me.  However a look online seems to indicate that it's not based on anything in law.  There's no mention of the fence in my sale documentation or land register entry so it looks like as it's on the boundary between the properties it's a joint responsibility as far as I can tell from what I've read online.

At the end of the day they have a dog that they want to keep out of my garden (which is open to the road) and I don't have any great need to keep anything out of theirs.  If they decide to be difficult about it then it's no skin of my nose if the fence stays broken.

The whole post thing is usually historical, "I bought the fence, hence the outer fence boundary will be placed up to the outer most limits of my property (empire)"

Certainly nothing in law, but it can indicate who paid for the fence last time... wooly as fuck I grant you. If the fence is not repaired, and the bloke's dug does run around in your garden, I'd imagine that constitutes some sort of trespass.

It does sound to me as if your fence was a party boundary the upkeep for which both of you are responsible. Probably best to see if you can't sort it amicably, not always easy with some people.

• 2 weeks later...

question about ps3 - i know the xbox 360 had like a sensor bar thing and wii has wii fit (havent player either so i dont know how they work)

is there something similar for the ps3?

i'm thinking along the lines of it sensing my movement for idk a snowboarding game or skateboarding game.... tennis?

(i know i'm probably about 5 years behind the times!)

question about ps3 - i know the xbox 360 had like a sensor bar thing and wii has wii fit (havent player either so i dont know how they work)

is there something similar for the ps3?

i'm thinking along the lines of it sensing my movement for idk a snowboarding game or skateboarding game.... tennis?

(i know i'm probably about 5 years behind the times!)

Playstation Move uses the playstation eye camera to do just that.

do plan 9 or forbidden planet sell novelizations? interested in spiderman, xmen, the avengers etc

not comics or graphic novel but actual fiction full story novel novels (XD)

like those listed here: http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/novapp.htm

i have a few i got off ebay a while back and would like to get more but seem to be hard to come by

do plan 9 or forbidden planet sell novelizations? interested in spiderman, xmen, the avengers etc

not comics or graphic novel but actual fiction full story novel novels (XD)

like those listed here: http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/novapp.htm

i have a few i got off ebay a while back and would like to get more but seem to be hard to come by

Even if they don't they might be able to help you find them. Worth a shot.

i rarely go in bc i feel inferior to all the real comic book nerds.

they'll judge me for wanting to read novelizations and not comics or graphic novels ;(

Plan 9 and Forbidden Planet are both staffed by the very loveliest people - they won't be cunty about it.

xx

Yeah but I'll go and just point at whoever asks for novels and shout "HEATHEN" 

Plan 9 and Forbidden Planet are both staffed by the very loveliest people - they won't be cunty about it.

xx

that's true. i remember being in forbidden planet on the upstairs floor and a song came on i liked so i asked the guy at the counter if he knew who it was he said he didnt but that it was the person downstairs ipod so i should ask them so i did.

turns out it was a band called 65 days of static.

left the store headed for vigin megastores (yes this is a very old story!) bought their ablum "the fall of math". Never looked back! :D

• Upvote 1