aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

It's something to do with someone getting attacked because they was drunk and the Moorings was the last pub they were in. (Flash posted something about it on Facebook somewhere, but can't remember where).

If the basis for someone losing their licence is that people get into fights after being there then why the fuck is the priory still open? 

The message I posted on facebook was intended for the staff group, not the public page, which is why I took it down ten minutes later after being made aware of the mis-post.  Of the thousands of posts I've made on both pages this is the first time there's been a mix up, and easily the worst possible post to do that with :(

The facts as I understand them are that something bad happened to someone.  The incident occurred about a mile away from the bar.  One party, the victim, had been in the bar earlier.  The other party had not been in the bar, and had no connection with the bar whatsoever. Unable to elaborate any further on the incident itself, as it's an on-going police investigation.

The police called me in for an intervention meeting.  Previously a premises manager was only called in for an intervention meeting if the premises was in deep shit, hence my mis-posted message to the staff.  However I have since learned that, subsequent to the merger of Scotland's police forces, this is now standard operating procedure for any incident.  In this case they simply summoned me because The Moorings was the last premises the victim had been in that evening.

In the event, CCTV shows that the bartenders did not do anything wrong, and we are not being penalised in any way.  We have since made a few minor tweaks to the way we operate, which while they wouldn't have made any difference to the incident in question, will help safeguard our butt going forward.

Ironically this was the first incident to occur since the police changed their policy.  I've never been summoned to anything like this before, but it strikes me that some premises managers might want to consider moving their offices to Queen Street.

• Upvote 4

I can vouch for the quality of service here: http://www.thewashbay.co.uk/

However, I don't know how that stacks up price wise alongside other similar places in Aberdeen. I'd be interested to hear (read) the answer to the question too, though, particularly any mobile companies that come and valet cars in a work car park.

However, I don't know how that stacks up price wise alongside other similar places in Aberdeen. I'd be interested to hear (read) the answer to the question too, though, particularly any mobile companies that come and valet cars in a work car park.

What are their prices like?  Don't seem to have any listed on their site.

I've heard very good things about Polished Bliss in Kintore but they're hoorin expensive. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/detailing-services-service-options.html

Doesn't seem worth it for a Ford Focus...

I've heard good things about them as well, also heard good things about http://www.aberdeenautovalet.co.uk/80100/contact.php but again no prices seem to be listed.  

Did you use thewashbay?  If so how much were they?

Is there anyway I can find out who's selling my phone number to marketing companies?

For last few years we've been bombarded with calls for a Mr Bromley. No-one by that name has ever had our phone number, it was a new number when we bought the house.  I've tried asking for the number to be removed from lists, I've tried getting angry, speaking and shouting at managers/supervisors and tried reporting the companies that call to the TPS and data commissioner.  But still we get the calls (usually finance companies or solar power companies).

I figure there must be an incorrect record somewhere that a 3rd party is selling to marketing companies but none of the ones that call admit to purchasing a list of numbers from anyone (some of them even struggle to give me their company address for fuck's sake).  The data protection act says you have a right to find out what information companies hold about you and that it's accurate, so there must be a way to find this fucking list that our number appears on and get it removed. Anyone got any ideas?

Is there anyway I can find out who's selling my phone number to marketing companies?

For last few years we've been bombarded with calls for a Mr Bromley. No-one by that name has ever had our phone number, it was a new number when we bought the house.  I've tried asking for the number to be removed from lists, I've tried getting angry, speaking and shouting at managers/supervisors and tried reporting the companies that call to the TPS and data commissioner.  But still we get the calls (usually finance companies or solar power companies).

I figure there must be an incorrect record somewhere that a 3rd party is selling to marketing companies but none of the ones that call admit to purchasing a list of numbers from anyone (some of them even struggle to give me their company address for fuck's sake).  The data protection act says you have a right to find out what information companies hold about you and that it's accurate, so there must be a way to find this fucking list that our number appears on and get it removed. Anyone got any ideas?

TPS website recommend going here - https://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=134674895144

Tough one man, have you ever put your number onto any forms or anything? If you have your pretty much screwed when it comes to this kinda thing.

I get at least one call a week telling me i should be claim PPI or claiming for an accident they claim they have a record of me having. Its really annoying. 

Of course, but I always check the box saying not to call. Besides that it's not me they ask for when they phone.  I assume someone has put the wrong number on a form somewhere and I'm now getting all the marketing calls he should be getting

Guest Cool Thinker

A man gets on a plane to New York City from London at 2pm and he arrives in New York City at 4pm on the same day yet this flight took 7 and a half hours. How did this happen????

• Downvote 1

A man gets on a plane to New York City from London at 2pm and he arrives in New York City at 4pm on the same day yet this flight took 7 and a half hours. How did this happen????

It would be 9.30pm in London (and on his watch before he adjusts it to local time) when he lands in NYC at 4.30pm.  Time zone is irrelevant to elapsed time.

Guest Cool Thinker

It would be 9.30pm in London (and on his watch before he adjusts it to local time) when he lands in NYC at 4.30pm.  Time zone is irrelevant to elapsed time.

No, simpler than that.