aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Cool Thinker

Cool thinker still has a wee while till he retires Graham!

Is anybody having trouble accessing their hotmail email account today? I can't seem to get onto the live.com website :confused:

I am not sure but they are planning on closing down Windows Live not sure when but it might have something to do with that. I have just checked and that does not happen until March 15th 2013.

EDIT - QUESTIONS IN BOLD PLEASE/

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Am I the only one who reads the forums archive?

Just read a thread from 2008 where someone jumped off Union Bridge because either it had something to do with meat feast or because they missed the Pizza Hut Buffet which at the time was across the road.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I am not sure but they are planning on closing down Windows Live not sure when but it might have something to do with that. I have just checked and that does not happen until March 15th 2013.

EDIT - QUESTIONS IN BOLD PLEASE/

They are closing down Live messenger. The mighty MSN messenger. It's only because they now own skype and want everyone to use it instead. As for my emails I'm getting access now so I'll retract my earlier question.

Edited by PhiI

Guest Cool Thinker

However I looked into since you mentioned it and you were right Coolthinker. They are rebranding the Windows Live and Zune services to fit within the Windows 8 brand.

CoolThinker. Slowly but surely regaining his rep for being the one in the know in the wake of the megabowl scandal.

Could you please quote because I don't remember saying this.

What can I drink instead of beer on a night out?

Basically I love beer but these days on the rare occasion I'm on a night out after 4 or 5 beers I feel like I should switch to something else. I also like wine and love whisky but drinking whisky on a night out is expensive and a nip doesn't last long. Also switching to either of those is likely to get me gubbed much quicker.  A load of my friends drink G&T but I don't like gin.

Tried JD and diet coke but not a fan.  Vodka and diet coke is OK but doesn't really do it for me.

Is there a drink out there I'm missing out?

What can I drink instead of beer on a night out?

Basically I love beer but these days on the rare occasion I'm on a night out after 4 or 5 beers I feel like I should switch to something else. I also like wine and love whisky but drinking whisky on a night out is expensive and a nip doesn't last long. Also switching to either of those is likely to get me gubbed much quicker.  A load of my friends drink G&T but I don't like gin.

Tried JD and diet coke but not a fan.  Vodka and diet coke is OK but doesn't really do it for me.

Is there a drink out there I'm missing out?

Rum? Have you tried *good* gin? I.e. not Gordon's? try Tanqueray if you see it anywhere. Maybe with lemonade or soda rather than tonic?

xx

Rum? Have you tried *good* gin? I.e. not Gordon's? try Tanqueray if you see it anywhere. Maybe with lemonade or soda rather than tonic?

xx

I don't think I've tried good gin. Got a bottle of Gordon's someone left over at my stag weekend and that's what I'm basing my distaste of gin on.

Very good rum can be very very nice, similar to whisky. Think I've got some crap rum in a cupboard but suspect it'll be a bit meh like JD and coke.