aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Often for that route you end up going to London and changing but go to all of the major airlines (BA, KLM, Emirates, etc) and have a look who offers it. For stuff like that you won't get it dirt cheap because there are no real low cost carriers (and licking your knees for 6/7 hours would be seriously shit) but I've seen them £400 up to thousands.

• Upvote 1

I've found that Sky Scanner seems to be the best for checking routes/prices. You're probably looking at about £450 rtn at this time of year.

Also try giving this a read: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-flights

EDIT= Also worth noting, if you didn't know already, that it's pretty normal to fly into Newark as opposed to JFK for a NY trip, it's a straightforward trip on a train to get into NYC, about an hour or two if I recall.

• Upvote 1

Cheers guys. Is there a better time to look at going? I was thinking about spring or early summer, but prices seem to be up in the £1000's around that time. Is that normal?

Outside of holiday periods is usually likely to be cheaper (e.g. Easter and July/August likely to be more expensive). Midweek flights are sometimes better value too. I just checked Skyscanner for flights to NY from ABZ in May and they came out at around £480 with KLM, so I think you might be doing something wrong if you're getting higher prices.

Cheers guys. Is there a better time to look at going? I was thinking about spring or early summer, but prices seem to be up in the £1000's around that time. Is that normal?

Not really sure - I went about four or five years ago now, in August, and it cost me £280 return. :cool:

I did have to go a ridiculous route, though.

Outside of holiday periods is usually likely to be cheaper (e.g. Easter and July/August likely to be more expensive). Midweek flights are sometimes better value too. I just checked Skyscanner for flights to NY from ABZ in May and they came out at around £480 with KLM, so I think you might be doing something wrong if you're getting higher prices.

I was looking from Edinburgh or Glasgow actually. I often forget Aberdeen is an option. I always assumed flights from there were mental expensive. Internal flights tend to be. £480 is reasonable.

I was looking from Edinburgh or Glasgow actually. I often forget Aberdeen is an option. I always assumed flights from there were mental expensive. Internal flights tend to be. £480 is reasonable.

In my experience I think the only time international flights are cheaper from Edinburgh or Glasgow than Aberdeen is when there are direct flights from those airports to your destination. Sometimes Aberdeen is actually a bit cheaper - connections to hubs like Heathrow, Amsterdam and Paris are pretty good from here.