aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Supply and demand. It'll never be one of the comics worth thousands because, as you hinted, marvel do a lot of those kinda things. But, if you hang on to it until they stop being dished out and happen to find a Brooklyn fan who digs comics/misc paraphernalia who doesn't have a copy then odds are you can make a few quid. If it sails up near the £50 mark I'd be very surprised. If they become rare and an avid collector wants one, I'd still peg the value at around £20 maybe, tops.

A pristine Walking Dead #1 will fetch a couple hundered now and that's (as far as I'm aware) about as high as "new" comics are going just now. Kick Ass #1 is also being peddled for up to the hundred quid mark but it's only WORTH that if someone'll pay it.

Rangers/Celtic merch tends to become valuable because there are a lot of die hard fanboys who'll blow money on anything with the logo on them. If Brooklyn Knights are the same way, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd imagine the ony way it'll be a 'real' asset is if you can get it signed by players/coach etc.

xx

I just realised the Walking Dead I linked above is a reprint. 1st print is worth closer to a grand. Fucking mental how much the TV series has impacted their worth!

xx

• Upvote 1

I've never really heard of promo comic stuff ever really being worth much (as any survivor of the SuperPro/ R.O.M. Spaceknight crash of 1987 will tell you), but yeah, it might be of interest to sports fans rather than comic fans.

You should make them fight for it. Jocks v. nerds. The jocks can use their brawn and the nerds can craft ingenious tricks and traps. At the end, the comic is destroyed but the nerds and jocks have earned each others trust and respect and saved Beta House. Freeze frame as the head nerd and head jock custard pie each other's faces.

• Upvote 5

Does anyone have any recommendations on books about the history of Aberdeen?

I have realised that although I have lived here all of my life, and totally love the city, I actually know very little about it.

On a side note, reading about Aberdeen stuff on Wikipedia, I came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aberdonians Does someone want to take responsibility for the 'musicians' section?

I have realised that although I have lived here all of my life, and totally love the city, I actually know very little about it.

On a side note, reading about Aberdeen stuff on Wikipedia, I came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aberdonians Does someone want to take responsibility for the 'musicians' section?

I would too, like to know a little about the history. Good history though. Not boring history. Which there is a lot of.

The best thing would be to go to the Central Library and have a read of some of the stuff they have there. If it's crap, you don't have to buy it. If your unsure ask some of the people there.

• Upvote 1

Hello internet.

I can't seem to find a definite answer to this one anywhere so I wonder if anyone on here can help. I've recently signed up for Netflix and as great as it is, it's annoying to have to watch everything on my crappy laptop screen. I'm looking to hook up my Macbook to our TV, but every site I look at is telling me that I need different cables to the one before.

Which cables do I need to connect this guy...

Screenshot2012-11-16at160258.png

to this

Screenshot2012-11-16at160313.png

?

(Sorry if this is really obvious, I'm useless at this stuff.)

Hello internet.

I can't seem to find a definite answer to this one anywhere so I wonder if anyone on here can help. I've recently signed up for Netflix and as great as it is, it's annoying to have to watch everything on my crappy laptop screen. I'm looking to hook up my Macbook to our TV, but every site I look at is telling me that I need different cables to the one before.

to this

?

Try this thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=792106

Hello internet.

Screenshot2012-11-16at160258.png

to this

Screenshot2012-11-16at160313.png

?

I think your best bet would be one of these: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/260780538329?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y