aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You obviously never played Dukes Of Hazzard - Racing For Home on PS1. What a turd.

This is how that went.

"Hey, Bo, Luke! Get in the General Lee and drive this cargo over to Boss Hog's place!"

*race against the clock through dirt tracks, no other vehicles on the road*

"Now get back in the General Lee and drive this cargo over to Daisy!"

*race against the clock through dirt tracks, no other vehicles on the road*

Repeat for 2 sad hours. Game complete.

I used to imagine the cargo was something vaguely interesting to spice up that game.

I want to find it hard to believe that more than one person picked up that game and thought "Oh, a budget title based on a half-forgotten TV show, probably only released to cash in on the quality movie starring Johnny Knoxville and Jessica Simpson! Aye, think I'll skip Ico and buy this instead!"

But then again, I used to work in the exciting world of games retail and find it all too easy to believe.

I want to find it hard to believe that more than one person picked up that game and thought "Oh, a budget title based on a half-forgotten TV show, probably only released to cash in on the quality movie starring Johnny Knoxville and Jessica Simpson! Aye, think I'll skip Ico and buy this instead!"

But then again, I used to work in the exciting world of games retail and find it all too easy to believe.

Pretty sure it came out before the Johnny Knoxville version. It was proper dirge. Up there with the Bad boys 2 game.

Does any of the sushi places in Aberdeen do a pick n mix takeaway?

When I was in New Zealand it was hard to find cheap places to get a light lunch but EVERY little town had a couple of sushi bars which did a pick n mix selection for a dollar or two per piece. It was awesome. Does anywhere in Aberdeen do that or is it all set meals or 6 pieces of the same type of roll?

Does any of the sushi places in Aberdeen do a pick n mix takeaway?

When I was in New Zealand it was hard to find cheap places to get a light lunch but EVERY little town had a couple of sushi bars which did a pick n mix selection for a dollar or two per piece. It was awesome. Does anywhere in Aberdeen do that or is it all set meals or 6 pieces of the same type of roll?

Sushi is mega popular down under since they're so close to Japan and have loads of immigrants from there.

This doesn't actually answer your question, though, sorry. I think YO! do a takeaway but but aye, it's packs of six or whatever I believe.

I think you can call Yo! in advance and they will take an order from you.

In fact, you can order online: https://orders-yosushi.ordertalk.net/yosushi/web/

OK, we've established what I already knew. Yo! Sushi do takeaway. But it's still not what I'm looking for. All you can get is their own pre-defined pack of sushi or a limited selection from the restaurant menu which contains 2-4 pieces at a time.

What I was talking about was a pick n mix facility where I can choose 1 crispy chicken roll, 1 seaweed gunkan, 1 tofu nigiri and 1 prawn roll if I wanted. That's all I'd buy for my lunch. 4 pieces, individually priced (most of the ones I saw in NZ priced them between $1.50 to $2)

Any comic book fans on this forum?

I went to the opening game of the new NBA team in Brooklyn and they were handing out these special edition Marvel comics featuring the team's mascot. It seems to be a completely legitimate comic and not some pointless flyer. I'm wondering if it'd be worth keeping a hold of it in a safe place? i.e. what's the likelihood of something like that becoming a collector's item one day? Or does Marvel do this kind of stuff all the time and it doesn't mean anything anymore?

here's it:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1351993601

Any comic book fans on this forum?

I went to the opening game of the new NBA team in Brooklyn and they were handing out these special edition Marvel comics featuring the team's mascot. It seems to be a completely legitimate comic and not some pointless flyer. I'm wondering if it'd be worth keeping a hold of it in a safe place? i.e. what's the likelihood of something like that becoming a collector's item one day? Or does Marvel do this kind of stuff all the time and it doesn't mean anything anymore?

here's it:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1351993601

Supply and demand. It'll never be one of the comics worth thousands because, as you hinted, marvel do a lot of those kinda things. But, if you hang on to it until they stop being dished out and happen to find a Brooklyn fan who digs comics/misc paraphernalia who doesn't have a copy then odds are you can make a few quid. If it sails up near the £50 mark I'd be very surprised. If they become rare and an avid collector wants one, I'd still peg the value at around £20 maybe, tops.

A pristine Walking Dead #1 will fetch a couple hundered now and that's (as far as I'm aware) about as high as "new" comics are going just now. Kick Ass #1 is also being peddled for up to the hundred quid mark but it's only WORTH that if someone'll pay it.

Rangers/Celtic merch tends to become valuable because there are a lot of die hard fanboys who'll blow money on anything with the logo on them. If Brooklyn Knights are the same way, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd imagine the ony way it'll be a 'real' asset is if you can get it signed by players/coach etc.

xx

• Upvote 1

Supply and demand. It'll never be one of the comics worth thousands because, as you hinted, marvel do a lot of those kinda things. But, if you hang on to it until they stop being dished out and happen to find a Brooklyn fan who digs comics/misc paraphernalia who doesn't have a copy then odds are you can make a few quid. If it sails up near the £50 mark I'd be very surprised. If they become rare and an avid collector wants one, I'd still peg the value at around £20 maybe, tops.

A pristine Walking Dead #1 will fetch a couple hundered now and that's (as far as I'm aware) about as high as "new" comics are going just now. Kick Ass #1 is also being peddled for up to the hundred quid mark but it's only WORTH that if someone'll pay it.

Rangers/Celtic merch tends to become valuable because there are a lot of die hard fanboys who'll blow money on anything with the logo on them. If Brooklyn Knights are the same way, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd imagine the ony way it'll be a 'real' asset is if you can get it signed by players/coach etc.

xx

That's what I figured. The franchise carries a lot of importance - The first pro sports team in Brooklyn since 1957 - and the support is currently going through the roof (merch is selling like crazy all over the US). It's Jay-Z's team too so very much in vogue at the moment. Good call on trying to get it signed. The players do signings all the time so i'll keep an eye out for one and go down with the comic. More out of interest than anything else, would be nice to have something iconic like that in my possession.... then flog it.