aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I think it was 2 Bad Religion songs and 2 Offspring songs, but since the songs for both bands mostly sound the same, it probably sounded like a song each.

It definitely needed more songs, and more bands, and more game, because the game was shit. A customer service video game? Whos idea was that? Where's the fun? They just moan at you the whole time anyway. Luckily it didn't spawn any similar customer service sequels.

Craaaaaaaaazy Shopkeeper!

I think it was 2 Bad Religion songs and 2 Offspring songs, but since the songs for both bands mostly sound the same, it probably sounded like a song each.

It definitely needed more songs, and more bands, and more game, because the game was shit. A customer service video game? Whos idea was that? Where's the fun? They just moan at you the whole time anyway. Luckily it didn't spawn any similar customer service sequels.

Craaaaaaaaazy Shopkeeper!

I downloaded it on XBox live a couple weeks ago, it really is a massively limited game. There's two levels, you pick one, race around for 5 minutes and that's the end of the game. That's a game that really should have either A) stayed in the arcade, or B) had at least a bit of storyline put in when it was ported to home consoles. There's the challenge levels as well, where you knock down bowling pins and shit but they're fucking impossible.

I downloaded it on XBox live a couple weeks ago, it really is a massively limited game. There's two levels, you pick one, race around for 5 minutes and that's the end of the game. That's a game that really should have either A) stayed in the arcade, or B) had at least a bit of storyline put in when it was ported to home consoles. There's the challenge levels as well, where you knock down bowling pins and shit but they're fucking impossible.

I was ace at the ones where you had to jump gaps and stuff.

Dreamcast games in general seemed to be really short, as they were released on regular CDs like PS1 games, but had so much more data, so the games just had nothing to them. That console was doomed from the start. It was just awful.

Dreamcast games in general seemed to be really short, as they were released on regular CDs like PS1 games, but had so much more data, so the games just had nothing to them. That console was doomed from the start. It was just awful.

Nice to see the screen on a controller is making a comeback through the Wii though...

yeh i was on that forum looking for advice.

im not sure the phone is one of the american releases of the galaxy s. it also runs cyanogen mod and miui.

gargh.

i dont know how to "flash" stuff

If your not sure what to do, best bet is to take it into one of the shops that unlock phones rather than the network shops as, seeing as you have modded it, they probably won't touch it.

That's not strictly true, they were released on GD-Roms which were larger than CDs.

The console was kind of ropey, but it deserves its cult status. Sega used to be ace at slightly quirky arcade games. Also, if you don't like Shenmue 1 & 2 you don't like wearing an ace jacket and listening to the Afterburner soundtrack on the way to catch the bus, which Shenmue offered a perfect simulation of.

My step dad used to get hold of pirate Dreamcast games which were just on regular CDRs. The 80 minute ones. How did that work then? Did the pirates remove certain bits of data to fit them on?

I remember completing 18 Wheeler in about half an hour. Worst game of all time.

You're right that pirating was endemic on the Dreamcast, so I'm not actually sure! It could still read CDs, obviously.

Good explanation here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/110324-dreamcast-gd-roms-and-piracy/

My step dad used to get hold of pirate Dreamcast games which were just on regular CDRs. The 80 minute ones. How did that work then? Did the pirates remove certain bits of data to fit them on?

Alot of PC Games come on DVDs. 4.7GB DVDs. Yet the game when installed takes up 12GB. COMPRESSED AS FUCK.

No idea how the fuck that works when running off a disk on a console though. And I work in game development.

You obviously never played Dukes Of Hazzard - Racing For Home on PS1. What a turd.

This is how that went.

"Hey, Bo, Luke! Get in the General Lee and drive this cargo over to Boss Hog's place!"

*race against the clock through dirt tracks, no other vehicles on the road*

"Now get back in the General Lee and drive this cargo over to Daisy!"

*race against the clock through dirt tracks, no other vehicles on the road*

Repeat for 2 sad hours. Game complete.

• Upvote 1