aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Never had an issue with iTunes. The updates are very rarely mandatory, so I just click "Not Now" when it asks me to update it. I think iTunes has a really good interface and I think the way it sorts my iPod library is great. My laptop is old and shit, but it still only takes about 9 or 10 seconds to open up iTunes. That said, I do not have a library of music on my laptop - it's just great for sorting out my iPod library.

I have never had an issue with the sound quality of iPods either. I just invest in killer headphones, and I get all the low end and mids my skull can take.

I recommend Media Widget for transferring music from iPod to iTunes. Never had a single problem with this.

Guest Cool Thinker
Yes and yes. The Donald family used to own Oscars, not sure if they are still involved in Jumpin Jaks or whatever its called now.

Jumpin Jaks owned by the same people who owned Liquid closed their nightclub in 2008, Chigago Rock Cafe also closed. The building is currently nothing with plans to turn it into a Hotel or Shops and Offices. Demolition work is expected to happen.

This is one of these things that is just ungoogleable. I've tried to find out more about it but can't get a decent answer so I'm gonna throw it out here...

The back door of my ground floor flat leaks like a motherfucker when it rains. Long story short, the property management company have made shitty fixes 3 times and haven't solved the issue. We suspect it might be a structural issue and they either don't know how to fix it or are just putting it off. We've sent emails, called and generally bugged them loads of times and it's gotten to the point where we want to withhold rent coz its a joke. Does anyone know what the laws are around this? I'm sure it differs between the us and the uk but if anyone has any info/experience that'd be awesome. I've read somewhere that you must be able to prove they haven't made repairs 3 times or something but havent found anything official.

This is one of these things that is just ungoogleable. I've tried to find out more about it but can't get a decent answer so I'm gonna throw it out here...

The back door of my ground floor flat leaks like a motherfucker when it rains. Long story short, the property management company have made shitty fixes 3 times and haven't solved the issue. We suspect it might be a structural issue and they either don't know how to fix it or are just putting it off. We've sent emails, called and generally bugged them loads of times and it's gotten to the point where we want to withhold rent coz its a joke. Does anyone know what the laws are around this? I'm sure it differs between the us and the uk but if anyone has any info/experience that'd be awesome. I've read somewhere that you must be able to prove they haven't made repairs 3 times or something but havent found anything official.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Privaterenting/Repairsandstandards/DG_189194

It looks like withholding rent is not an option, unless you go through the process of informing them in writing that you plan to get the repairs done yourself, paying for it yourself, and giving them the chance to pay you back

There is an association that you can contact, and if landlords don't make repairs in a reasonable amount of time they can make it so you only pay a small fraction of your rent until the issue is fixed - really sorry, can't remember the name of the association (it's the private landlord board or something), but citizens advice should be able to sort you out.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker
Poland is used on here to mean anywhere that's not Aberdeen. It started because another member moved to Poland and reminded everyone of the fact in a almost every post.

Cloud, I have a knowledge of all users.:devil:

• Upvote 1

why is it, that in the opening credits of Smallville where the actors names are displayed in the montage, it says "John Schneider as Johnathan Kent" where the rest of them are just the actor names

why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1jeLmujo7s

U

I'm guessing it's because he was a well known actor and they do that to raise interest in the states.

How do i stop smoking?

I've tried unsuccesfully for some time now and can't crack it. Anyone have any wonder cures?

Fairly backtracking here, but have you tried gradually cutting down one by one until you feel you only need one a day?

You could try nicotine/tobacco free herbal cigarettes - you get them in Holland and Barrett. I think I saw a marshmallow flavoured mix in there too if you like rollies...

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=313

There is an association that you can contact, and if landlords don't make repairs in a reasonable amount of time they can make it so you only pay a small fraction of your rent until the issue is fixed - really sorry, can't remember the name of the association (it's the private landlord board or something), but citizens advice should be able to sort you out.

Private Rented Housing Panel. They are good eggs who gets shit done. http://www.prhpscotland.gov.uk/prhp/1.html

That's only covering Scotland though, assuming CaGere still in the Big Apple? Still, the USA must have a minimum standard for rented housing like Scotland does. Wind and water tight is usually the bare minimum, and it will usually say wind and water tight in your lease. If it does, and the landlord is just allowing you to live in a house with a leaky door, then they are essentially breaching their side of the contract.

Private Rented Housing Panel. They are good eggs who gets shit done. http://www.prhpscotland.gov.uk/prhp/1.html

That's only covering Scotland though, assuming CaGere still in the Big Apple? Still, the USA must have a minimum standard for rented housing like Scotland does. Wind and water tight is usually the bare minimum, and it will usually say wind and water tight in your lease. If it does, and the landlord is just allowing you to live in a house with a leaky door, then they are essentially breaching their side of the contract.

Ah I didn't read that far into the thread, I just went straight to reply. I would have thought that America, with it's ridiculous "sue for anything" attitude, would have some kind of association like this.