aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Got a lot closer with this one, but trying to really find that kind of cabinet look if that makes sense? It's for a video project and i'm wanting to line them up behind everything to get a good silhouette look. Will also be laying a defusser over them to make them softer but that's not as important right now.

Ah, Molefays won't help you there.

You need a single light source, the light from multiple sources will create multiple silhouettes very close together which will blur the edges . You'd probably need a means to focus the light as well to preserve sharp edges, but if you're going to soften it up anyway that might not be an issue.

I would borrow a par can and experiment. If you need to focus then look at small spotlights, they will have focus capability. Even a projector might be worth experimenting with if you can borrow one.

Ah, Molefays won't help you there.

You need a single light source, the light from multiple sources will create multiple silhouettes very close together which will blur the edges . You'd probably need a means to focus the light as well to preserve sharp edges, but if you're going to soften it up anyway that might not be an issue.

I would borrow a par can and experiment. If you need to focus then look at small spotlights, they will have focus capability. Even a projector might be worth experimenting with if you can borrow one.

Reading the post again, I missed out the part about being behind. Whoops. Ignore pretty much everything I said there.

Molefays FTW.

Anyone in Rosemount have a cab I can plug a head into to test if it is working? Literally just a few minutes fiddling with controls to make sure everything is fine. Have a head arriving this week and am currently without a cab. Looking to buy one but probably going to have to get a custom which will take a couple of weeks to arrive. It's a 20kg beast and I don't drive to going anywhere non local with it presents a problem.

I've never been to Toms so I'd probably have to book a room which is overkill for what I want to do and rather expensive as I'm never really free daytime Monday-Friday.

Another question. If I buy a 2x12 and disconnect one speaker would it sound OK? http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm is the cheapest way to get a cab with a v30 but I really don't need that much power handling in this flat. Would it sound really unbalanced if one was unwired or taken out altogether?

What is the head? I'd be willing to go along with you just out of curiosity. They've let me just wander in with a head before so i'm sure if i go down with you it won't be a problem.

It's a modded version of one of these http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca50h.htm Exact same circuit used on the Soldano Hot Rod which I love the sound of.

Having more than one speaker going will not drastically increase volume.

Damn, was hoping it would push much more air and as a result be much louder with two speakers. Still would it affect the tone of the speaker much?

Anyone know of a comprehensive document explaining the ins and outs of the financial implications of Scotland gaining independance?

I know that the pro-independance argument is that Scotland would keep more of our income and become and become rich cunts in the process. Just curious if there are actual numbers anywhere to back this up. Y'know, Scotland takes in X, but gives Y away to England, Z is left for Scottish spending, but A% of the Y that was given to England will benefit Scotland...

I believe that the independance == being rich argument is shit, but I'd like to know the numbers to back that up, or to be proven wrong empirically, rather than anecdotally.

xx

It doesn't really matter, does it? It tickles me that people would think that an increase in Scotland's wealth would make the average cunt on the street any better off. Like their paycheque will just rocket up one month by 400 quid. Or they'll employ heaps of bin men who drive amphibious trucks and wash your car.

It doesn't really matter, does it? It tickles me that people would think that an increase in Scotland's wealth would make the average cunt on the street any better off. Like their paycheque will just rocket up one month by 400 quid. Or they'll employ heaps of bin men who drive amphibious trucks and wash your car.

It doesn't, really. But the average cunt who I end up in this argument with usually drops from the independance==richcunts argument into shit about the county's rise in wealth meaning they can get paid more dole money.

xx