aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

420921_2908350742949_1085971816_32336375_2077660183_n.jpg

have seen this image posted around a lot by american friends of mine on Facebook - is he not from a local band in Aberdeen!? I think he might have achieved legitimate 'meme' status!?

Staying on the criminal theme, how long do penalty points stay on your licence for? I got 3 points and a 60 quid fine for speeding in 2005. Are they still on there or do I have a clean licence again?

Four years from date of offence for speeding points. You need to send your licence back to get them removed.

Staying on the criminal theme, how long do penalty points stay on your licence for? I got 3 points and a 60 quid fine for speeding in 2005. Are they still on there or do I have a clean licence again?

The points remail valid for 2 years but you can apply to have them wiped from your licence after 3 years.

Why is my laptop so slow all of a sudden? It's been like this for the past 2 or 3 weeks. It's only 6 months old. I dunno what could be clogging it up.

I've run CCleaner for the general cleanup and registry repair.

I've done the standard Windows defrag and also with Defraggler.

I delete the history, cookies and whatnot every week or so.

I run Kaspersky virus scanner every week. It never finds anything.

I don't download much, other than a few sitcoms a week, and the odd album.

Anything else possibly slowing it down?

Have you run a proper anti virus like SUPERantispyware (terrible name I know but it's the best one) or malwarebytes (if you really dont want to use SUPERantispyware).

If something has slipped through Kaspersky it's probably not going to be able to remove it either. The freeware ones are much better at removing anything malicious.

Check your startup items, remove any shit you don't need. There'll be some sneaky fucker launching in the background.

turn off all applications - anti virus and whatnot, then turn them on again one by one and see which one is slowing it down.

The "startup" option on the Start menu is empty. Is that what you're speaking about? I'm not very savvy when it comes to fixing computer stuff.

6 months of a few sitcoms a week? delete some of it.

EDIT:[E.C] [justgetamacjoke] Just get a mac [/justgetamacjoke] [/E.C]

They go straight onto the external hard drive then played through the Xbox. I've got most of my music on here though, but I've also got about 300gb free. Total n00b question, but will having media files on the laptop's HD, even though the HD is by no means full, slow it down?

Have you run a proper anti virus like SUPERantispyware (terrible name I know but it's the best one) or malwarebytes (if you really dont want to use SUPERantispyware).

If something has slipped through Kaspersky it's probably not going to be able to remove it either. The freeware ones are much better at removing anything malicious.

Awesome. I'll give it a go. I only use Kaspersky because it came free with the laptop. I used to use Avast before, which I liked better. I wouldn't usually pay for one.

The "startup" option on the Start menu is empty. Is that what you're speaking about? I'm not very savvy when it comes to fixing computer stuff.

start > run > msconfig > startup (if windows 7 type msconfig in search box)

They go straight onto the external hard drive then played through the Xbox. I've got most of my music on here though, but I've also got about 300gb free. Total n00b question, but will having media files on the laptop's HD, even though the HD is by no means full, slow it down?

No, but a defrag if you constantly move and delete files may not go amiss.

Awesome. I'll give it a go. I only use Kaspersky because it came free with the laptop. I used to use Avast before, which I liked better. I wouldn't usually pay for one.

• Upvote 1