aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

That's what I was asking for, yeah.

I wasn't that surprised by £22, given that I've only ever seen them in the £20 region online, but if you got one for £8, then I want one for the same price...!

Ricky got me a daisy chain power thing from some guy online and I think it cost about a tenner delivered. Want me to ask him where he got it from?

Guest Gladstone
Ricky got me a daisy chain power thing from some guy online and I think it cost about a tenner delivered. Want me to ask him where he got it from?

Yeah - go for it! I haven't looked that hard yet because I don't have a need for one yet.

My set up consists of a digitech multieffects pedal at the moment. Which has a built in tuner. I do have a TU-2 which I'm going to start using again, and if I get the RC-2 or RC-3, then I'll be wanting a daisy link pedal thing. I've checked and my boss power supply fits my digitech pedal and powers it - does that mean the daisy link power supply for boss pedals will definitely work for my digitech pedal?

Guest Gladstone

One million pounds and it's yours...

The reason I ask is that I once bought a power supply for my old distortion pedal and it didn't work.

And our guitarist has one pedal, I forget which one that his daisy link thingy doesn't fit into, so he has to always have a spare battery with him (and never does).

That seems a bit pricey. I bought one from RnB about a year ago for about £8, or thereabouts. Definitely no more than a tenner.

We're talking about power daisy chains, that usually go from a TU-2 into the rest of your pedals, right?

I checked on Saturday and was correct - £22 for the Boss/Roland version. However we also had the Stagg equivalent for £7.99, which Gladstone picked up.

My set up consists of a digitech multieffects pedal at the moment. Which has a built in tuner. I do have a TU-2 which I'm going to start using again, and if I get the RC-2 or RC-3, then I'll be wanting a daisy link pedal thing. I've checked and my boss power supply fits my digitech pedal and powers it - does that mean the daisy link power supply for boss pedals will definitely work for my digitech pedal?
The power inputs are pretty standard, I think. The only issue is sometimes with polarity, but you can get an adapter I believe (I'm not even sure I know what I'm talking about so don't ask for any more info).

It won't definitely work, there are a few variables between pedals.

The adaptor tip size is one, but generally is the same size as the Boss pedal inputs, though some pedals (Electro Harmonix for example) have different styles.

The polarity of the supply required needs to be correct. Most are negative to centre, but not always.

Current draw is an important one. A Digitech Whammy (just for example, considering it is a Digitech pedal) uses a 9V, 1.3A supply, using a Boss power supply which is normally rated to nearer 500mA (0.5A) won't give enough to make the pedal work properly.

Similar to the above, voltage requirement is important. Line 6 pedals require a 9.6V supply. I - as a test - tried to power a Line 6 pedal off of a multi supply which works fine with Boss pedals and it ran extremely noisy as it wasn't getting enough from the supply. Changing to the correct 9.6V supply rectified this.

Depending on the pedal, everything may be fine. Not always though :)

(Forgot to say, tip adaptors being added to the units can/will increase levels of noise. The pedal may then work, though excess noise isn't going to be the most desirable thing when playing).

:up:

Does anyone know (from experience, NOT from google please) of good low cost local printing places that can do low run prints (like A4 laser colour copies) etc...there used to be one place on the corner of the corner of Huntly street that was good for stuff like this, but I havent been there in over 15 years and sure its closed now...Thistle Reprographics (who were a lot more pricey) looks to be closed now aswell..the rest look to be full on printing press places who would probably charge through the roof for stuff like 20 copies....anyone use anyone good?

Does anyone know (from experience, NOT from google please) of good low cost local printing places that can do low run prints (like A4 laser colour copies) etc...there used to be one place on the corner of the corner of Huntly street that was good for stuff like this, but I havent been there in over 15 years and sure its closed now...Thistle Reprographics (who were a lot more pricey) looks to be closed now aswell..the rest look to be full on printing press places who would probably charge through the roof for stuff like 20 copies....anyone use anyone good?

I used to use Iceberg on Summer Street for all my poster printing needs, and they were in quantities of less than 30 in most cases.

http://www.icebergprint.co.uk/index.html

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

I too used to use Iceberg who were reasonably priced and would do small runs etc.

They do massive runs too if that's what you need - Moshulu used to use them for printing as well.

How do I convert an .mp4 to .avi for free? I've got a million convertors but none seem to do this and I really don't want to buy another one.

In case anyone was wondering about my last question

Is there any good site to get .m4v videos other than the itunes store? I know I can just convert .avi's using handbrake or whatever but I'm wondering if there is a site that specializes in .m4v?

I got apple tv and it's great but I don't have many native itunes movies/tv shows.

Vuze supports apple tv playback. It still converts the file but you can automate it so it's essentially the same thing as downloading an .m4v.

Why you getting it unlocked? o change providers or is it for apps?

I left my iphone in the back of a taxi (dumbfuck), and for some reason all of the phones I like are more expensive when locked to Orange or from the Orange shop. I've ordered an HTC and it's locked to 3, and it's much cheaper

To be fair, if that even works for lost phones I'd be very surprised. The first thing I'd ask the network provider would be to ask you to verify the use of the phone in the last few weeks (i.e. from policy start date to date of claim). Like, why if you would normally call your mate a couple of times a week did that stop the second you took out the insurance.

To be fair, if that even works for lost phones I'd be very surprised. The first thing I'd ask the network provider would be to ask you to verify the use of the phone in the last few weeks (i.e. from policy start date to date of claim). Like, why if you would normally call your mate a couple of times a week did that stop the second you took out the insurance.

I did think that, but someone said to say their sim card had stopped working and ask for a new one. These people are creative

If you lose your phone and the insurance is with a different provider to the phone (i.e. the phone is with Vodafone but your insurance is as part of your RBS bank account) getting the two providers to have even the simplest dialogue (the very basics are a) confirm that this person had the phone and b) confirm that they called to block the SIM within x hours of the loss/theft) is nigh on impossible. So getting them to share information regarding when calls were made, etc is hugely unlikely. The real problem would have been that you couldnt call up to lock the SIM/phone until the 2 weeks was past, so you'd have been liable for any costs incurred during that time.

And you did the decent thing so good on you :-)