aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

There's a pawnbroker up George Street which always has instruments in the window.

It seems somewhat 'independent' so I'd imagine you'd get more from there than Cash Converters etc but I don't know that for a fact.

Probably still wouldn't get nearly their worth though, the pawnbroker still has to sell it for a profit, so I reckon you'd be lucky to get half of what it's actually worth.

(I know this from watching Pawn Stars)

Where's the best place to sell instruments and stuff locally?

I've had a few things up on Gumtree recently but haven't had any bites. Don't really want to resort to eBay, too much of a pain in the cunt posting big things like guitars, and scope for buyers being dicks, things getting damaged in transit etc.

Gumtree and here, really. Ad in the paper? Beyond that you'll have to suck it up and get learning to package things as courier-proof as possible. Everyone's skint. It took me weeks to get my Epi LP bass moved on, but patience paid off and someone from here bought it from me.

Is there a footpath along the coast all the way to Stonehaven from Aberdeen, if so, where does it start?

Spotted some people walking along a path from the coastal road but google isn't being too helpful with telling me if it goes all the way to Stonehaven without having to walk on a lot of roads.

Is there a footpath along the coast all the way to Stonehaven from Aberdeen, if so, where does it start?

Spotted some people walking along a path from the coastal road but google isn't being too helpful with telling me if it goes all the way to Stonehaven without having to walk on a lot of roads.

This amy help you - Walk #553: Bridge of Don to Stonehaven

What good function room sorta places are there in the city centre? For a birthday.

The City Caf & Restaurant

Nice place, free to hire. Can do you a buffet too if required (at a cost obviously).

Drummonds have a room downstairs too, but its nowhere near as nice as The City.

Hogs head have the top section of the bar you can book for parties etc too.

• Upvote 1

And the John W. award for creepiest post of the week goes to....

Nahh. I didn't want to give the back story in case someone knew her and was offended.

Back in the hay day of adding everything on Bebo, a friend of mine linked me to someones page saying supposedly she used to be a man.

So I adds her and just asks her, no beating around the bush. She denies it. We get on fine. I tell a friend this story, he asks her and we both get deleted. I must have been having a day dream about transexuals or something 'cause I thought about this and wondered if anyone actually knew her.

EDIT: I actually realise how creepy it looked. But I'm just curious to find out how she's getting on after being accused of being a dude. Nae after my hole. Incase you haven't heard: I have a gf.

Did anyone work in, or frequent Sin when it was still open?

If yes, continue to next question.

Remember a bar maid with blonde hair, incredibly skinny, wore hipster glasses before it was hipster?

If yes, continue.

What was her name?

Never been to Sin. But I bet it was Heather.