aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I need to get to the Maryculter House hotel on Thursday by 1pm, no access to a car this week so it looks like I need to take a bus from the city centre. Anyone know which bus will get me closest to it/which stop I need to get off at/how long it will take roughly?

The 201, 202 and 203 for Stagecoach and the 19 for First. They all go along the North Deeside Road. Get off at Milltimber Brae and walk the rest:

57.101764,-2.244179 - Google Maps

to

57.085791,-2.257007 - Google Maps

Alternatively if you can be a bit late the 204 will drop you right at the sign for Maryculter House at 1.30pm

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_1749_Service%20204.pdf

The 201, 202 and 203 for Stagecoach and the 19 for First. They all go along the North Deeside Road. Get off at Milltimber Brae and walk the rest:

57.101764,-2.244179 - Google Maps

to

57.085791,-2.257007 - Google Maps

Alternatively if you can be a bit late the 204 will drop you right at the sign for Maryculter House at 1.30pm

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_1749_Service%20204.pdf

Thanks! Will take the 19.

you can register for calls via the TPS - TPS Registration

Cheers for that, but it's the exact opposite of the TPS that I'm after. I want to sign up for a bombardment of spam.

Also, the TPS doesn't really do that much as far as I'm aware. Companies who do cold calling will often just print out random numbers to phone so it doesn't matter if you're on TPS or not. This is illegal and I understand a certain kitchen pusher operate in this manner.

Agree about the Filling Station. Much better than you'd think.

The few occasions I've eaten there it's been even more awful than I thought it would be. Terrible place to eat. Almost as horrific as Littlejohns.

As for TPS I used to get bombarded with sales calls on my mobile then I registered the number with TPS and they stopped. Took a few months for it to filter through but then you get to play the game where you ask for all their details then tell them they're breaking the law by calling you as the numbers TPS registered. Anyway I registered my phone and eventually the calls stopped. Can't ask for much more.

If someone wanted to actually GET sales calls then I'd suggest entering lots of online competitions and not checking the boxes that prevent companies contacting you or selling the details.

I went to the filling station once. I didn't eat because while someone did come to take a drinks order the actual drinks never turned up and after 15 minutes of sitting there being ignored by all the staff who seemed more interested in cleaning tables than serving customers we decided to walk out and go elsewhere. More like the Filling-me-with-rage Station.

I went to the filling station once. I didn't eat because while someone did come to take a drinks order the actual drinks never turned up and after 15 minutes of sitting there being ignored by all the staff who seemed more interested in cleaning tables than serving customers we decided to walk out and go elsewhere. More like the Filling-me-with-rage Station.

This has happened to me also.

Cheers for that, but it's the exact opposite of the TPS that I'm after. I want to sign up for a bombardment of spam.

Also, the TPS doesn't really do that much as far as I'm aware. Companies who do cold calling will often just print out random numbers to phone so it doesn't matter if you're on TPS or not. This is illegal and I understand a certain kitchen pusher operate in this manner.

Fill out any of those online surveys that take you to other online surveys, and put in a phone number, pretty soon you'll be getting bombarded with the cunts. A good method is to play Mafia Wars / Farmville etc on Facebook, and follow the link that offers you tons of "reward points" for filling in surveys. The reward points never come, but the fucking sales calls do.

Exactly that. Joke has the same premise every time. Family goes to talent agent to show them their family act. Then they just make up as gross a situation as possible. Then finish off with "what do you call your act?"

"The aristocrats."

I THINK, but not entirely sure, it was made popular when Gilbert Gottfried did it at an awards show of some sort.

Exactly that. Joke has the same premise every time. Family goes to talent agent to show them their family act. Then they just make up as gross a situation as possible. Then finish off with "what do you call your act?"

"The aristocrats."

I THINK, but not entirely sure, it was made popular when Gilbert Gottfried did it at an awards show of some sort.

Yeah, I kinda got that bit. It's like an ongoing thing to try and tell a more and more disgusting version of the joke. By why are they called The Aristocrats?

Steven Wright has likened it to a secret handshake among comedians, and it is seen as something of a game in which those who tell it try to top each other in terms of shock value. It is thought of as a badge of honor among expert comedians and is notoriously hard to perform successfully.

o_O