aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Well that's their problem, surely?

My rent and lease incudes use of a communal garden, which is maintained by the council. I don't want a garden overrun by equipment and toys, for sensible reasons, so it is my problem and I would like some information regarding the issue. I can't find any links, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

check this out lucky! pretty comprehensive list of all their gear.

I main thing is Ronaldo used a Fender Jazzmaster/Jaguar

The Sonic Youth Gear Guide

something like this

thurston-original.jpg

Cristiano-Ronaldo.JPG

?

Ryan, the main thing about the Sonic Youth sound it their altered tunings, mostly with paired strings and that they play guitars with vintage floating tremolos as seen on Jazzmasters and Jaguars. Whilst they don't extensively use the trems, the nature of the tailpiece and bridge really effects the tonality of the guitar. Fire in the altered tunings and you have quite a special sound. Well, that and Thurston Moore and Lee Ranaldo are hugely talented and creative musicians.

I'm not sure of the specifics of Daydream Nation, but I have a feeling that they hadn't started acquiring vintage Fender guitars at that point, so were more likely using pawn shop affairs.

A quick video where Lee Ranaldo talks about guitars:

Currently, I am costing getting a Jazzmaster built for me, very much along the lines of the Thurston Moore signature, but with a one piece maple neck.

Cristiano-Ronaldo.JPG

?

Ryan, the main thing about the Sonic Youth sound is their altered tunings, mostly with paired strings and that they play guitars with vintage floating tremolos as seen on Jazzmasters and Jaguars. Whilst they don't extensively use the trems, the nature of the tailpiece and bridge really effects the tonality of the guitar. Fire in the altered tunings and you have quite a special sound. Well, that and Thurston Moore and Lee Ranaldo are hugely talented and creative musicians.

I'm not sure of the specifics of Daydream Nation, but I have a feeling that they hadn't started acquiring vintage Fender guitars at that point, so were more likely using pawn shop affairs.

A quick video where Lee Ranaldo talks about guitars:

Currently, I am costing getting a Jazzmaster built for me, very much along the lines of the Thurston Moore signature, but with a one piece maple neck.

Damn typos and broken link!

My rent and lease incudes use of a communal garden, which is maintained by the council. I don't want a garden overrun by equipment and toys, for sensible reasons, so it is my problem and I would like some information regarding the issue. I can't find any links, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Aye, but I was meaning if the toys got nicked.

Last few days my laptop has been going slow and sluggish quite often. I look and the CPU usage is at 100%. It's especially happening when I try to stream anything. Trying to watch a match on sopcast just now and broswse at the same time is just about killing it.

What are the most likely problems and the best things I can do / use to clean it up make it work better?

It would be appreciated if any answers were understandable to a computer idiot.

Last few days my laptop has been going slow and sluggish quite often. I look and the CPU usage is at 100%. It's especially happening when I try to stream anything. Trying to watch a match on sopcast just now and broswse at the same time is just about killing it.

What are the most likely problems and the best things I can do / use to clean it up make it work better?

It would be appreciated if any answers were understandable to a computer idiot.

Have a look in the processes tab of task manager, double click the CPU column header to sort it by CPU usage and see what process is taking up your CPUs time.

I still have the original 20Gb hardrive on mine and it's not near full. The space is taken up by downloading games from the LIVE Arcade/demos also you can install games onto your hardrive so that they boot quicker and run quieter. However on the newer xboxs the noise from discs running isn't nearly so bad.

So if you're not planning to downloads heaps of games etc you could get away with one of the smaller hardrives no problem.

• Upvote 1

Cool. I can get the 4gb basic one for around 110 pounds or the 250gb one for 180 so if it's essentially only disk space that i'm paying more for i'll prob go for the cheapo one. Although it's not that much more for a million times the space (if I do ever need it)... hmm.

All i really want is fifa and that mirror's edge game.

Cool. I can get the 4gb basic one for around 110 pounds or the 250gb one for 180 so if it's essentially only disk space that i'm paying more for i'll prob go for the cheapo one. Although it's not that much more for a million times the space (if I do ever need it)... hmm.

All i really want is fifa and that mirror's edge game.

I haven't looked in a while at the available sizes but I would go for the one above 4gb. 250 seems excessive for me anyway but 4 might get filled up when you started branching out in your gaming.

yeah, 4 gigs seems pretty small. it's just that I want one and i want one now! But i'm cheap and don't wanna spend money. Aaargh!

Another question... is that red light thing still an issue?

I see in Game and Gamestation you can get the 250Gb for only 150 just now...

Apparantly the red ring isn't as big of an issue on the new ones but the warranty is pretty good and as long as you lie to them it's free to get it fixed even if it does go.

EDIT: Link to offer. Product - Xbox 360 250GB Console