aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

Finally online to listen to the Dinosaur themed playlist made me for me by Old Gold.

Give it a bash yourself here: DINOSAURS ARGH

First up is the opening credit score to Jurassic Park. Epic opener. Made me feel like Jeff Goldblum himself, bombing around in a jeep. You've all seen the film and rocked out, hard, to the majestic strings.

Next up is the opener from Dinosaur Jr.s latest full length, Farm. Great album and great opener. Mascis mumbles for a few minutes, and then shreds. You know the drill. It's a good drill.

T.Rex grooved into my lugholes shortly after. Piano rolls. Sax trumps. The lot. Marc Bolan told me to get it on. I got it on.

They Might Be Giants with Danny Weinkauf (yeah, that guy! Everyone's favourite bitpart member of Fountains of Wayne. You know him!) up next with I Am a Paleontologist, from their educational album Here Comes Science. You might think it's for kids, but kids are fucking stupid and don't understand or appreciate Science, nor would they rock out and the storming pop-hooks on offer. Great track from a great record marketed to a bunch of ungrateful little shits.

Possibly my favourite NOFX track, Dinosaurs Will Die, PUNXED my head off next. It's just about as punx as it gets too, since it's all about MAJOR LABEL SELLOUTZ! and whatnot. It's got a gnarly wahwah shred on it too. Hot jams.

Glitchy beats next with Flying Lotus' Sleepy Dinosaur. A chilled and brief interlude to break up the rock and roll. Sick beats.

Captain Al up next, with a selection from his album all about Dinosaurs, so a lot from choose from. Educational as fuck, and I love to learn. Today I learned how Dinosaurs would dance. Rad.

Lustra's Dinosaur up next. Less educational, but more rocking. Never hear this lot before, which is odd, as I dig the fuck out of this sort of stuff. Fuzzy chiming guitars and nasal mumbly vocals. A handful of chords. Obligatory fretboard widdle. Angsty nerd rock. I'm not fucking tidying my bedroom today!

Was (Not Was) with Walk the Dinosaur now. Serious funk. It had an synth solo that changed into a sax solo, all whilst the slap bass was happening. Satisfied.

More Dinosaur Jr, with I Live for That Look from Green Mind. Love the drum sound on this record. I assume Mascis didn't because they sound bigger and louder than his guitar. That's not on. Belting track though, back when Mascis could do a bit more than mumble, before he probably crippled himself with drugs, or something.

And we close with the end credits of Jurassic Park. John Williams knows what's up. Those strings are thumping.

Epic, rocking, educational, smooth. Let it seduce your lugs.

And you can get my playlist here: Places.

I'm in, although my theme is also "SPORTS!" a la Tim and Eric, damn! I don't have any punk songs about cricket on mine though.

Get in. I was a bit sad that Adam and Joe's football song wasn't on Spotify. That was going to be my opener.

The original Anfield Rap wasn't on it either. Only the '96 rejig, which was awful.

I really had to scrape the barrel. A couple just have sports in their band name. That'll do.

Get in. I was a bit sad that Adam and Joe's football song wasn't on Spotify. That was going to be my opener.

The original Anfield Rap wasn't on it either. Only the '96 rejig, which was awful.

I really had to scrape the barrel. A couple just have sports in their band name. That'll do.

Ace, mine is pretty pop-centred, with the exception of a couple of tracks. I managed to get some sort of sport reference in most of the titles. A tune about ballet features. Ballet is a sport.