aberdeen-music

Gigs and Announcements

Oedo 808

Get a dedicated mod (two max) just for that forum. Make the rules clearer and adopt a standard across announcement threads. e.g. All gigs should have the DD/MM/YY format included in the thread title for easy identification and inclusion. Other date formats acceptable but include the DD/MM/YY format. (Or whatever format is clearest for you)

At the moment there's no system. I don't trust the upcoming events box. I have attended a couple of gigs since late December that I found in Gigs and Announcements that somehow didn't make it into upcoming events. I don't think that comes down to simply the mods, it comes down to an outdated arrangement from 2003 (last updated 2005) and a few other factors that could be sorted with clear guidance to promoters.

I've never used this emoticon before :princess:

At the moment there's no system. I don't trust the upcoming events box. I have attended a couple of gigs since late December that I found in Gigs and Announcements that somehow didn't make it into upcoming events.

That's because whoever is posting an event in the Gigs forum also has to manually duplicate the entry in the Calendar thing. It should really be an automatic process.

• 2 months later...

Quick question to those in charge. Has this feature in the above post been implemented yet? I created a thread in the Gigs forum, and after that created an event for the calendar. It said in there that the event would be added to the forum automatically which is strange, because what is then the point in allowing people to create a thread in the "Gigs & Events" forum? I'm probably being retarded but just a bit confused as of how it works.

Secondly, how often is this moderated for new events? I posted an event more than 24 hours ago now which still hasn't gone live. It's no big deal in this case but I'd imagine for an event which is in the near future, it would be extremely frustrating. It is a bit frustrating however when I see mods for that forum commenting on other posts while my gig still sits in a dark corner!

Quick question to those in charge. Has this feature in the above post been implemented yet? I created a thread in the Gigs forum, and after that created an event for the calendar. It said in there that the event would be added to the forum automatically which is strange, because what is then the point in allowing people to create a thread in the "Gigs & Events" forum? I'm probably being retarded but just a bit confused as of how it works.

Secondly, how often is this moderated for new events? I posted an event more than 24 hours ago now which still hasn't gone live. It's no big deal in this case but I'd imagine for an event which is in the near future, it would be extremely frustrating. It is a bit frustrating however when I see mods for that forum commenting on other posts while my gig still sits in a dark corner!

Apologies for this. I'm a bit scatter-brained and forgetful. Tell you what, I'll make a solemn vow to check that forum everyday at 5.00 sharp before I leave the office. That way even if all the other mods dont get a chance to do it in the evening, nothing will sit for more than 24 hours. If I make it part of my routine, I'm more likely to remember. This will go into effect from today :)

Apologies for this. I'm a bit scatter-brained and forgetful. Tell you what, I'll make a solemn vow to check that forum everyday at 5.00 sharp before I leave the office. That way even if all the other mods dont get a chance to do it in the evening, nothing will sit for more than 24 hours. If I make it part of my routine, I'm more likely to remember. This will go into effect from today :)

You should put it in a spreadsheet, that'll help you remember.

• 11 months later...

As I posted and "Event" and it has appeared http://www.aberdeen-music.com/events/vocoustics-pokey-lafarge-the-south-city-three-the-blue-lamp.239/

but no thread in the "gig and announcements" forum... should this be happening automatically?

When I clicked "New Thread" option at the bottomw of pg1 on "gig and announcements" forum it looks like im posting an event which I dont want to duplicate...

Maybe I am an idiot... but can someone clear this up?

Thanks.

Thanks Adam... cant see where to do it post-posting

Can a Mod do this post-posting?

Unfortunately not. Which is frustrating. Best thing to do is create the thread yourself for now.

I might see if the box can be checked by default instead of unchecked. That might cause less issues but it's something Neil will have to change.